Medscape is the leading online global destination for physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide, offering the latest medical news and expert perspectives; point-of-care drug and disease information; and relevant professional education and CME/CE. The Medscape app is designed to provide a personalized experience so that you can easily access what you need, when you need it.
* Discover the latest clinical news and perspectives in your specialty with our tailored newsfeed. Receive alerts about FDA approvals, conference news, late-breaking clinical trial data, and more.
* Access Reference articles, News, and CME/CE courses with our modern taskbar.
* Customize your homescreen, save your favorite clinical tools, and bookmark articles you like or want to check out later.
Additional Key Features:
* Look up the most current prescribing and safety information on 8500+ prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements.
* Check out other useful resources, including our drug interaction checker, specialty-specific calculators, pill identifier, and more.
* Find essential procedures in your field with 6200+ Reference articles.
* Earn free CME/CE credits and ABIM MOC points on-the-go, and monitor your progress with our built-in Activity Tracker.
* Access the largest network for physicians and medical students with Consult.
Use your Medscape account to access the Medscape app. Don't have a Medscape account? You can sign up for free when you download the app—it takes only a few seconds.
Do you have feedback for the Medscape team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Easily control your clinical tools by swiping up to close or swiping down for quick access.
* In Consult, physicians and medical students can now mark their cases as “Resolved” or add an “Update” to alert followers about new case information and outcomes.
This app update also includes performance enhancements and minor bug fixes to optimize your experience.
Ratings and Reviews
In general, I like this as a drug reference, especially because I can look up supplements and OTCs as well as rx meds. However, I used it a couple days ago to check for any drug interactions between rivaroxaban and glucosamine/Chondroitin. The app reported no interactions found. Fast forward one day, and there is a published article on Medscape warning of drug interactions between prescription medications and OTC supplements. And what do you know, one of the examples is that glucosamine/Chondroitin taken with rivaroxaban increases risk of bleeding.
There’s obviously disparity between what your app is reporting and what your published article on your website report says. It certainly doesn’t boost confidence in using your app to check for drug interactions with patients.
Developer Response ,
@aec618 I have alerted a member of our team that works closely with the clinical group. Thank you for reaching out. We can also be reached via help.medscape.com
I want to be clear
I am like this app a lot, but there are some things that are holding me back from using it daily. In my previous review I mentioned that there was no way to send articles via text message and there was no way to save articles for later. A developer responded that there was a way to save articles for later, which is true except in certain circumstances. If you search for an article or click on any article after opening the app, you can save it for later. However, if you get push notification about a story that you might like and you click on it, it does not give you the option to save it for later. I would use this app much more frequently if these two features were in it. I currently almost don’t use it at all because I can’t share through text message. Other than that it’s a great resource and I hope it continues to improve in the future
Developer Response ,
@AndrewLinares valid point - you can email, share on social and save the articles currently. I have passed along your feedback regarding a text option.
Great resource but I would like to make one suggestion: make the “save” feature available whenever you view an article. As it stands now if there is an article I’d like to save (after clicking on the link on the homepage for example) I have to go to search then News filter, type in the article name, then click on the article, and then the share icon in the top right hand corner is available to save to favorites. And if there’s a link in the article itself you have to repeat the whole process. It’s very time consuming so please change this feature. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.