'Read by QxMD' provides a single place to keep up with new medical & scientific research, read outstanding topic reviews and search PubMed.
This iPhone & iPad app provides a simple interface that drives discovery and seamless access to the medical literature by reformatting it into a personalized digital journal.
Praise for Read:
5 stars: "Stellar. The future of medical literature review... This could be the best application to stay up-to-date in medicine since, well, UpToDate." - User Review
4¾ stars: "The Flipboard for medical journals has arrived" and among "...the most innovative medical apps"
On Apple's 'What's Hot' list in >60 countries, as well as Medical Essentials & Apps for Healthcare Professionals. Featured in Apple iBook: "iOS in Healthcare: Revolutionizing Healthcare Productivity"
- Get full text PDFs with one tap
- Keep up with the latest new research that will impact your practice
- Browse through 1000s of outstanding topic reviews
- Search millions of articles from PubMed and our database of outstanding topic reviews
- Read your favorite journals or browse article collections.
- Access full text through your university/institutional subscription or via open access publishers
- Share articles with colleagues over email, Twitter and Facebook
- Organize and review your personal collection of articles
Why did we build 'Read by QxMD'?
Health care professionals need to stay up to date on the latest medical research and topic reviews to provide optimal care. Unfortunately, the process of content discovery is broken with research artificially compartmentalized by publishers and hidden behind countless institutional pay walls.
At QxMD, we believe that knowledge translation– the process by which new knowledge is incorporated into clinical practice – is an important and unsolved challenge for our health care system. We hope that ‘Read by QxMD’ will be a part of the solution.
Seamless 1-tap access available at thousands of institutions.
From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Title and MeSH Headings from MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Founded by medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals.
UI Enhancements: We've listened to your feedback and made some important changes to the user interface. In this update, we've relocated the like/dislike buttons to a more intuitive position, making it easier for you to engage with the content you love.
Various Bug Fixes:
- We've addressed issues related to the display of anonymous followers of collections. Now, you'll have a smoother and more consistent experience when exploring collections and their followers.
- We've resolved a bug that was causing the same search results to appear when using different search terms on the collections search page. You can now trust that your searches will yield accurate and relevant results.
- Bug fix for accessing NEJM articles.
- We've also squashed some minor bugs to ensure a smoother and more enjoyable reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Continues to be the best
I’ve used Read for about 5 or 6 years and continue to be impressed. Once linked with library holdings there is no easier way to get and organize scientific literature in full text pdf form. On top of everything it’s still free. The only thing missing is a polished non-mobile platform (ie for my laptop). It’s there but there is definitely a stylistic and functional gap btw that and the iOS version. Still 5 star and highly recommended.
Source: CT Anesthesiology Fellow at large academic institution/hospital setting.
Happy with this app, slight tweak suggestions
I use this app all the time if I need to find an abstract or article; it’s a lot easier than pulling up Pubmed on my phone or iPad. The only area for improvement I can see is support of Dark Mode, both for the app overall and for the screen that comes up when you save a PDF.
Also for the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed that my badge count stays at 1 even if I’ve looked over all of the ‘new’ abstracts in my feed and subscriptions.
Not as good as before update
I have used Read by QxMD for better than 5 years to try to keep up with medical literature. Before the update 3-4 months ago, I could get article searches on several different subjects. However that option has been removed. I sent an email asking for either it to be returned or an explanation but only got a routine response that never addressed my issue. I tried again but no response in several weeks. Apparently it is no longer available . The app is still useful but much less. I am looking for an alternative.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We did recently change some of the feature options within Read but the article searches should have remained the same. We can look into this for you to help address the problem. Would you be able to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org is our Lead Support Manager, and let them know you were sent from the App Store?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WebMD Health Corporation
- 104.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2023 QxMD Software Inc.