Medscape is the leading online destination for physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide. Designed to provide a personalized experience, the Medscape app offers the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty as well as drug and disease information, relevant professional education, and CME/CE activities. Access what you need, when you need it — for FREE.
* Get fast, reliable clinical answers all in one place with Medscape Decision Point. Medscape Decision Point combines evidence-based treatment options with trusted expert commentary. Now supporting multiple specialties, including Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Hematology/Oncology, and Neurology.
* Access 400+ medical calculators, grouped by specialty for quicker and easier use!
* Check out other useful resources including our Drug Interaction Checker, Pill Identifier, step-by-step procedural videos, and more.
* Look up the most current prescribing and safety information on 8500+ prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements.
* Explore our tailored newsfeed; read the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty.
* Stay current with the latest FDA approvals, conference news, late-breaking clinical trial data, and more.
* Earn free CME/CE credits and ABIM MOC points on-the-go, and monitor your progress with our built-in Activity Tracker.
* Access the largest network for physicians and medical students with Consult.
Use your Medscape account to access the Medscape app. Don't have a Medscape account? You can sign up for free when you download the app—it takes only a few seconds.
Do you have feedback for the Medscape team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for using Medscape! We're always working hard to bring you the best user experience.
* The new Live Events tab helps you discover and register for upcoming live events hosted by Medscape and its affiliates. Search by specialty, date, and location to find the events that are most meaningful to you and your practice.
This update also includes performance enhancements and minor bug fixes to optimize your experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great resource but I would like to make one suggestion: make the “save” feature available whenever you view an article. As it stands now if there is an article I’d like to save (after clicking on the link on the homepage for example) I have to go to search then News filter, type in the article name, then click on the article, and then the share icon in the top right hand corner is available to save to favorites. And if there’s a link in the article itself you have to repeat the whole process. It’s very time consuming so please change this feature. Thank you!
I want to be clear
I am like this app a lot, but there are some things that are holding me back from using it daily. In my previous review I mentioned that there was no way to send articles via text message and there was no way to save articles for later. A developer responded that there was a way to save articles for later, which is true except in certain circumstances. If you search for an article or click on any article after opening the app, you can save it for later. However, if you get push notification about a story that you might like and you click on it, it does not give you the option to save it for later. I would use this app much more frequently if these two features were in it. I currently almost don’t use it at all because I can’t share through text message. Other than that it’s a great resource and I hope it continues to improve in the future
Developer Response ,
@AndrewLinares valid point - you can email, share on social and save the articles currently. I have passed along your feedback regarding a text option.
Ads have become completely intrusive.
I used Medscape throughout medical school and it quickly became my go to resource. I’ve used essentially ever major medical app and this was hands down my favorite.
Now the app will not allow a section of text to be ad free. I’ll scroll down while reading and a new ad will insert itself between the text. This is exceptionally distracting and interrupts reading. Why can’t they just keep the ad banners down at the bottom? There is already one there anyway?
I probably will be uninstalling Medscape, which is very disheartening because I’ve been using it for so long. In their quest for ad space they have lost someone to advertise to, and I’ve lost a great resource. There’s no winners in this scenario. It was a good run while it lasted and I’ll always be appreciative towards the app, but I can no longer support it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We do not want to see you go. Please contact our Support Team, and let us know you were a member who reviewed us on iTunes. You can even ask for me. I would like to chat via email and maybe receive a screenshot of the issue. We are taking this matter very seriously & working to solve this issue.
If you would like to contact Support and share a screenshot of your issue to ensure it is the same as what others have reported, please visit https://help.medscape.com and select the 'Contact Us' button.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.