Medscape is the leading online global destination for physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide, offering the latest medical news and expert commentary, drug and disease information, and relevant professional education and CME/CE activities. The Medscape app is designed to provide a personalized experience.
* Access 400+ unique medical calculators, grouped by specialty for quicker and easier use!
* Get fast, reliable clinical answers all in one place with Medscape Decision Point. Medscape Oncology Decision Point combines evidence-based treatment options with trusted expert commentary to bring guidelines to life. Now featuring lung cancer and breast cancer. (Other major cancer types and other specialties coming soon.)
Additional Key Features:
* Explore our tailored newsfeed; read the latest clinical news and expert commentary in your specialty.
* Stay current with our alerts about FDA approvals, conference news, late-breaking clinical trial data, and more.
* Look up the most current prescribing and safety information on 8500+ prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements.
* Check out other useful resources, including our drug interaction checker, pill identifier, and more.
* Find essential information on procedures in your field with 6200+ Reference articles.
* Earn free CME/CE credits and ABIM MOC points on-the-go, and monitor your progress with our built-in Activity Tracker.
* Access the largest network for physicians and medical students with Consult.
Use your Medscape account to access the Medscape app. Don't have a Medscape account? You can sign up for free when you download the app—it takes only a few seconds.
Do you have feedback for the Medscape team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for using Medscape! We've listened to your feedback and made some performance enhancements and bug fixes to optimize your experience.
To make sure you don't miss a thing, just keep your automatic updates turned on.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
In general, I like this as a drug reference, especially because I can look up supplements and OTCs as well as rx meds. However, I used it a couple days ago to check for any drug interactions between rivaroxaban and glucosamine/Chondroitin. The app reported no interactions found. Fast forward one day, and there is a published article on Medscape warning of drug interactions between prescription medications and OTC supplements. And what do you know, one of the examples is that glucosamine/Chondroitin taken with rivaroxaban increases risk of bleeding.
There’s obviously disparity between what your app is reporting and what your published article on your website report says. It certainly doesn’t boost confidence in using your app to check for drug interactions with patients.
Developer Response ,
@aec618 I have alerted a member of our team that works closely with the clinical group. Thank you for reaching out. We can also be reached via help.medscape.com
I want to be clear
I am like this app a lot, but there are some things that are holding me back from using it daily. In my previous review I mentioned that there was no way to send articles via text message and there was no way to save articles for later. A developer responded that there was a way to save articles for later, which is true except in certain circumstances. If you search for an article or click on any article after opening the app, you can save it for later. However, if you get push notification about a story that you might like and you click on it, it does not give you the option to save it for later. I would use this app much more frequently if these two features were in it. I currently almost don’t use it at all because I can’t share through text message. Other than that it’s a great resource and I hope it continues to improve in the future
Developer Response ,
@AndrewLinares valid point - you can email, share on social and save the articles currently. I have passed along your feedback regarding a text option.
Great resource but I would like to make one suggestion: make the “save” feature available whenever you view an article. As it stands now if there is an article I’d like to save (after clicking on the link on the homepage for example) I have to go to search then News filter, type in the article name, then click on the article, and then the share icon in the top right hand corner is available to save to favorites. And if there’s a link in the article itself you have to repeat the whole process. It’s very time consuming so please change this feature. Thank you!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.