The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitchn review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, Watch, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches past shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier. (Including optional automatic category suggestions for new items.)
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one.
• Add items by scanning barcodes.
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data. (Requires free OurGroceries account.)
• Convenient hands-free shopping with your Apple Watch.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Add items with your voice using Siri on your iPhone, Watch, or HomePod. Supports other popular voice assistants too.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit https://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
Now available in French!
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, BUT please, please allow different categories per each shopping list
This is by far the most useful app I have. It is easy to use and intuitive. I love that I can add ingredients from my recipes and just click the one item that I am out of and it goes straight to my shopping list. It saves me so much time.
It would be amazing if the developers could find a way to allow you to change the categories for the individual items on different lists. For example I have grocery store list and a Target list. My categories are set up for me to easily find the item at Grocery store, but they don’t work for Target. For example, at Grocery store “dairy free cream cheese” would be categorized in the “Dairy” section, but at Target it would be categorized in the “fresh fruit/veggie” section of the store. The categories perfectly align to speed up my shopping at the Grocery store, but for Target it is a disorganized mess. I would love if when I got to select my item “dairy free cream cheese” it would offer the two options “Target list, fresh veggie category”” and “Grocery store, dairy section”.
One of the best I’ve tried
I like a grocery app that has both a phone and a watch app. This one has that and does it fairly well. Going through the store checking your watch is easier than pulling your phone in and out and turning it on and off. This app lets you categorize products and it remembers the categories once you set them. It lets you add the same product to multiple store lists. I love the look of the app and it’s instant sync functionality.
The areas of improvement the maker should address is that I find the flow for the addition of groceries to be clunky. It would be nicer if you could start to type an item select from the matching list and straight away specify how many and the category ( if it’s uncategorized ) without having to navigate around into the info screen for the product.
I also find myself accidentally touching products to get to that information screen and instead it removes it from the list. This is counterintuitive. They should use a check box or a swipe left or right to remove the item from the list, which is more conventional. If you don’t wanna change now that you have a base of users, at least make it a preference setting for the newcomers.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback!
There are settings for both things you asked for. Look for the setting "When Adding Uncategorized Item", which you can set to "Ask Me to Pick a Category" (or try the new "Pick a Category for Me" option which will pick a category automatically if possible). Read more here: https://www.ourgroceries.com/user-guide#settings_ask_for_category
For crossing off items inadvertently, you can fix this using the "Cross-off Action" setting, which has several choice besides a simple tap. Try "Swipe", for example. Read more here:
I hope these settings will help! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any other questions or feedback for a faster response.
Perhaps the best app that I use
We have Our Groceries installed on all of our devices, and it synchronizes instantly and seamlessly. I will be at the grocery store marking off items on my cell phone as I add them to the basket. My wife will be at home adding items on her iPad, and they appear instantly on my list. Until now, the only inconvenience was having to frequently take my iPhone out of my pocket as I shopped. Last week I started using an Apple Watch, and discovered that there is a “companion app” for the watch that allows me to see Our Groceries on my wrist. Just like the phone and pad versions, the watch version works smoothly. Our Groceries is a flawless app, and is probably the most under-appreciated app on the App Store. It even has detailed and well organized instructions on their web site. I’m going back now to the store to see if this developer has any other apps that I should be enjoying. Congratulations to HeadCode on developing such a fine product.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OurGroceries, Inc.
- 56.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 OurGroceries, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Premium (Ad-free) $19.99
- Monthly Upgrade $0.99
- Yearly Upgrade $5.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.