Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
* Stats are so much better, we don’t even know where to start. Both the UI and backend are totally revamped! Data is cached, so loading stats is way faster and you can see them even when you’re offline! Individual stats have deeper levels of detail for you to explore! Date selectors let you specify the exact periods you want to see! Is it dorky to be this excited about stats? Who cares!
* The Block Editor keeps getting better. It’s got clearer messaging when you try to put invalid content into a block, and we patched up a problem with link settings that caused “Open in New Tab” to always be off.
* To infinity and beyond: We removed the limit on number of photos you can share to WordPress from other apps.
* If you write a comment and wander off while it uploads, you now get a clearer message when it successfully posts, or more detailed information if it fails.
* In Account Settings, your Primary Site now displays the site domain if the site has no name. (Takes the pressure off having to think of The Perfect Name immediately. It’ll come to you!)
* Wondering about the code the powers the app? We’ve added acknowledgements for all the third-party code libraries we use — you can find them in your settings.
* We fixed a crash that could happen when setting up your blog, so now you can actually, y’know, set it up.
Ratings and Reviews
I have two WP blogs and use the app for them, they are connected to the same address. I visit them often. I have one WP blog with a different address. I visited that frequently by logging in and out on the iPad with my other email and password. Quirky, but not a problem. The last couple of days, I am unable to access the blog that is not connected to the app with the iPad. The app insists I need to make a new account. Which would be silly. It’s like having 3 skirts. Two are everyday and kept in drawers. The other is in a dresser that now appears to be locked and I’m asked to get a closet! It’s seriously crimping my fashion sense! Will this be the norm and will I only be able to update the third blog via laptop? 😳🤔🤔😳 I hope I can still use the laptop! I’d better check. (Asking WP help is inefficient, my question keeps crashing!)
Lacking features from the full site
I use this app for work because I'm frequently on the go and away from a computer, and for whatever reason accessing the site from iOS Safari makes it impossible to save anything into the body text form.
While this app is a lifesaver and easy to use for the most part, I'm continually frustrated by how many features from the main site are missing. For instance, there doesn't seem to be any way to assign authorship to a blog post in the app, and nor does there seem to be any way to edit metadata in the media library. I can live with the fact that embedded social media cards and iframes don't display properly in the text form while writing, but it would be nice if posting a raw url in the app's text form automatically converted it into an html embed.
Another problem with the app is that it seems to have caching issues. Tons of drafts that have already been published stay visible in drafts, and keep accumulating the longer I use the app without deleting it. I hope solutions to these things are in the pipeline.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I've forwarded it onto our team and we'll keep track of demand for the features you mentioned. For the caching issues: manually dragging the posts screen down with your fingers should force the app to refresh. If that's not the case, we'd be happy to chat further about this problem. You can email us at email@example.com or navigate to Me > Help & Support > Contact Us within the app.
Just another social media site
I’m making this brief (short memo, pun intended because it is a writing app) because if I had been asked to write a review 3 months ago I would have given it 3 stars. However, upon closing out and deleting my account over a week ago, now I’m receiving spam from one of their 3rd party partners or at least I hope it’s spam, otherwise, the alternative is Wordpress has a security breach and my data has been compromised. In case you are wondering, TrustPilot sent me an email to the email address in Wordpress’ possession thanking me for a recent purchase (good luck with the payment as the debit card used was prepaid and now has $0 value) and asking me to review Wordpress’ based on a ‘free’ gift they were mailing me. How could I receive a gift since I have deleted the account and if I hadn’t deleted the account why did it take 3 months before I was told of the free gift but if there an honest to god free gift, ever, then why is Wordpress partnering with a party just to solicit a response by offering a made up item. You can’t really trust any of these social media sites.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, we do not sell or give out your personal information from WordPress.com, but I would be happy to look into what happened. If you have the time can you please reach out to us through app support by going to Me > Help & Support
- Automattic, Inc.
- 121.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Automattic Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.