Thank you for making 5-0 Radio the #1 top paid app of May/June 2020. Be the first to know about hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, shootings, riots, looting, protests, earthquakes, bombings, terrorist, radiation, nuclear fallout, outbreaks, biological or chemical attacks, and crime waves happening near you.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, emt, air traffic control (ATC), railroad, ham radio, NOAA weather, news, talk, sports, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Adds More Feeds
- Removes Ads
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Access to cool new backgrounds
- Even more Airport feeds
- Even more Railroad feeds
- Even more NOAA weather feeds
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on NPR, CNN, New York Times, 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine, and various other news organizations.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to radio chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the stations you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- New “Feeds with Active Alerts” feature that shows you feeds with interesting on-going activity happening right now along with a description of the alert and feed.
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in many parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection of feeds you will ever find in the App Store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through radio feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-current-listeners feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- The catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request? Go to https://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
Added the ability to auto-open to a certain page or feed when starting up the app. Check out the app's settings to change it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Work great - now.
When it works it works good, lately it has been great very reliable. I listen to police dispatch in my area which is very interesting to know what’s going on. A few months back it went off line for awhile and would not work. It is possibly not the apps fault, it is a local source for the feed. My understanding is Local people provide feeds to an online source the app ties into and can get paid for it. Most of these apps all tie to that one source. If your favorite station doesn’t work it may be the local feed source went offline or no one local is providing it- not the apps fault. Be that as it may, if you can’t listen to what you got it for then it is worthless. Right now it works Great and I love it. It would be great to get a list before you buy it of feeds in your area and determine if what you want to hear exists. I would like to see NOAA national weather service broadcasts, but again some one local has to receive it and tie it in. You may be able to get a free version and see if what you want is there, then pay for an add free version if it does have what you want and avoid disappointment blaming the app for something out of their control.
I know that we don’t hear secure channels, BUT
There is plenty of information you can hear that will help keep you informed and safer. It’s nice to have a heads up on accidents, active crime scenes and car chases etc when I’m out on the road as a chauffeur. It’s alerted me many times ahead of any notice I’d get on WAze and I feel better keeping clients and myself on the safest path available. I also LOVE that it can be really funny (interactions of dispatch and pd or just the crazy stuff that actually happens out there), exciting, nail biting tense and unfortunately sad too. Its a wonderful way to find out about road conditions when it’s a bad weather day too, you’ll hear about particular spots in town that are icy or flooded or closed. It’s also easy to find where there is news happening live by finding the top 100 scanner stations too. So I HIGHLY recommend this app to lots of customers and I always have it in one ear while I’m working. I have immense respect for the officers I hear doing a tough job professionally with a good heart.
One of my most favorite apps!
It's exciting to listen to all the action and a little scary and sad to know what's happening so close to home. BUT!!!... I would have to say, the best thing about this app is the added respect and love for law enforcement it has given me. What they go through each and every day is astonishing. Firstly, the patience that these guys have far exceeds anything you'll ever hear about in social media... The daily dangerous situations they are placed in (in order to protect us) makes me want to go up and hug every single one of them and personally thank them. These are some true heroes! Side note: I do sometimes hear of some really awful, hideous, almost unbearable situations these guys are called to respond to... If you are really sensitive to these scenarios then this might not be the app for you. I have shut it down a few times when I can feel myself losing hope in humanity. I guess as with most things, balance is the key.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Smartest Apps LLC
- 16.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Smartest Apps, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.