▶▶ Prepare for the Hurricane Season with 30% off the retail price ◀◀
For over twenty years, the SAS Survival Guide has been the definitive guide to surviving any situation, anywhere in the world. Now, for the first time ever, the million-copy bestselling book has been reinvented for the iPhone.
iPad User? Check the SAS Survival Guide for iPad !
Please Note : This app only contains the English language content of the SAS Survival Guide
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶ ACCOLADES ◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀
• Official Honoree Award at the 15th Annual Webbys
• Selected for iTunes REWIND 2010
• Apple Featured Application
• Featured in iTunes 'Staff Favourites'
• Also features in "WHAT'S HOT" and "NEW & NOTEWORTHY" in most countries
• Has been ranked the #1 LIFESTYLE APP in almost all geographic locations
▶▶▶▶ ABOUT 'SAS SURVIVAL GUIDE' ◀◀◀◀
Written by former SAS soldier and instructor, John "Lofty" Wiseman, this application brings you the elite training techniques of Britain’s toughest fighting force in the most accessible version ever. Now you can take the original set of world-class survival skills with you anywhere in the world – from the peaks of Kilimanjaro to the deserts of Kandahar…or to your closest national park.
This FULLY SELF CONTAINED app includes :
* Full text of the bestselling book optimised for the iPhone (over 400 pages)
* 16 videos providing invaluable survival tips from Lofty himself
* Photo galleries of Animal Tracks, Knots, Edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, sea creatures and snakes
* Morse Code signalling device
* 100+ question quiz to test if you've got what it takes to survive
* Survival Checklist
* Sun Compass
* Search tool to scan entire book by subject
* Extreme Climate Survival: sections on surviving Polar, Desert, Tropical, and Sea
* Comprehensive First Aid section
▶▶▶▶ ABOUT 'Urban SAS SURVIVAL' ◀◀◀◀
The ultimate guide to fending for yourself in an urban environment from the team that brought you the million-copy selling SAS Survival Guide. Written by legendary ex-SAS man John ‘Lofty’ Wiseman, the guide comes stuffed full of useful tips for fending for yourself in every urban situation. And many more besides.
This interactive edition contains:
* The latest training on self-defence and the law
* Dealing with fire and hazardous chemicals
* Tackling snake bites and other animal dangers
* Handling DIY: power tools, welding, machinery and more
* Health information
* Full search functionality
* Urban survival checklist
* And more
PLEASE NOTE : During normal use, this app does not require an active internet connection however some assets, like videos, need to be downloaded and features like social sharing will be disabled without an active internet connection. The Internet Connection Alert message is only informational and does not affect the content or use of the app while offline.
Bug Fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Support for newer devices
What’s the use of updates if you can’t even support screen resolution for devices that are two years old ??.
Apple’s supporters and app purchasers spend a lots of money on these apps it would be nice if the developers at least keep them up to date for devices .
Update: As other reviewers have done, I deleted the app, reinstalled, then restarted the device (shutting it down from settings). After restarting the device, the app now works! Guess it’s a glitch with last update. Still a good app, but have to dock a star for the extra steps required to make it work.
I rarely write reviews, but the last update was so disappointing. This used to be a great app. Very informative. Unfortunately, since the last update, it will not open the original SAS app. Instead it takes you to a home screen to view (and purchase) other SAS titles. Even after navigating to the library which shows the apps you own, the app refuses to open. PLEASE FIX! Love this app when it actually worked, will update review if I can use again.
From the previous reviews I was worried this app would be lacking.. from what I can tell(I don’t know how bad it was) it’s been fixed.. I didn’t have crashing. Its easy to navigate.. I don’t have the book, but the app has made me want to purchase it. Has helpful stuff like giving cpr to a baby. Stoping blood flow when it’s an artery.. even how to basically do a tracheotomy.. well worth the 6$ specially if you don’t have the book. Or even if you do both used together probably helps.!
Had to write this to help get the info that it’s actually good.. the information could help many of people
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 198 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © HarperCollins Publishers & Papertrell
- In-App Purchases
- Urban SAS $3.99
- SAS Survival Guide $3.99