Discover Mindfulness, one breath at a time with simple and effective guided breathing exercises.
Breathing Zone will help you reduce stress, improve your mood, and make you feel more relaxed and energized.
Join the hundreds of thousands of people who have already discovered the life changing power of Breathing Zone.
Breathing Zone uses scientifically based therapeutic breathing techniques that decreases your heart rate, and over time can even help to lower High Blood Pressure.
Clinical studies in the Journal of Human Hypertension and the American Journal of Hypertension have shown that doing therapeutic breathing for 45 minutes a week can help lower High Blood Pressure.
● HealthTap: "103 Doctors recommend this app."
● Time Magazine: "Calm yourself with Breathing Zone."
● Harvard Health: "When you find yourself under stress, Breathing Zone can help."
● Bloomberg: "The breathing trick that can make you more productive."
● New York Magazine: "Sometimes the fastest way to combat anxiety or an oncoming panic attack is just to remember to breathe. I like Breathing Zone for its simplicity."
● Self Magazine: "Just inhale. Then exhale. Download the Breathing Zone app for guided exercises."
● Huffington Post: "An effective guide to mindful breathing."
● LifeHacker: "Breathing Zone Guides you towards slower breathing to help reduce stress."
● Fox News: "Breathing Zone simply trains you to slow down your breathing. In the process you calm down and relieve stress."
● MacWorld: "If you slow your breathing, it can relax you; but it’s not easy to do this on your own, but Breathing Zone can help."
● Gigaom: "Go beyond the basics and analyze your breathing patterns via your iPhone’s microphone with this app."
● PoductivityBytes: "This app’s signature feature is the ability to analyze how you normally breathe in order to suggest the best routine for you."
● University of Sydney: "Breathing Zone provides guidance on slow breathing."
● Nursing Standard: "Breathing Zone offers simple guided breathing exercises, that are a useful introduction to the health benefits of slower, therapeutic breathing."
● One Medical: "Therapeutic breathing benefits your brain and mood, and can actually help decrease your heart rate and lower high blood pressure. Breathing Zone offers detailed instructions and a Breathing Analyzer to measure your breathing rate."
● AppAdvice: "Relax your mind and body in as little as 5 minutes with these doctor recommended breathing exercises."
Integrates with Apple's Health app to record your completed breathing sessions Mindful Minutes.
This update contains minor bug fixes for Apple Watch.
Ratings and Reviews
Form Meets Function
I’ve had this app on my phone for a long time. It’s been very helpful in times of need.
The variety of sounds is exactly right. Commuting on the train the white noise or water really nullify the ambient sounds (with noise canceling headphones). There have been many occasions where the other sounds were helpful and welcome.
I don’t use apps for meditation because I don’t want to regulate my breathing, just observe it. However, when stressed, super anxious or the chatter in my head is just too loud, this app is my go-to friend!
I just finished reading “Breath” by James Nestor (recommend) and he puts forth a 5.5 second inhale/exhale as the optimum baseline for establishment of coherence and peak efficiency (oh yeah, and breathe through your nose). Needless to say, 5.5 BPM is simple to setup in this app. Every other app I’ve looked at clocks seconds without an option for increments.
Anyway, if you are looking for a simple and functional timer with a very generous feature set (optional technicolor expanding flower included) mash the download button now (and breathe through your nose!)
LOVE THIS APP
I absolutely love this app!! It helps me regulate my breathing when my Muscular Dystrophy breathing flares up. It also helps me relax & get to sleep within 10 minutes! I've seen reviews that say their set breathing gets changed. I haven't had that issue but do know that you can reset your breathing rate at any time on the 3rd screen in settings. There are several sounds to choose from. I personally find the Indian Bansuri very relaxing. Love, love, love this app!! I just wish it could be set for longer than an hour
*EDIT ~ still love this app but am confused about the "breaths per hour". It always says 313. I'm a very shallow breather so I don't think that's correct.
Amazing customer support
I was having problems with timing issues and I wrote a 1 star scathing review. The developer contacted me directly and is working to fix it and we’re 90% there but I didn’t want to wait to revise my review. He’s concerned and helpful and in the end this will be my favorite breathing app. I’m doing extensive breath practices or rather working hard to change from shallow breathing, so a good program is essential and I won’t do an expensive monthly subscription program. It shouldn’t be necessary. I highly recommend breath zone. If you use it regularly, it will change your life!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for review and feedback.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Breathing Zone Limited
- 22.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Breathing Zone