The newest version now includes changes that reflect the ASHRAE 62.1-2016 and 2019 updates.
ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2019, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, sets minimum ventilation rates and other requirements for commercial and institutional buildings. Standard 62.1 has served the building industry and the public as the most prominent standard on ventilation for indoor air quality.
The "HVAC ASHRAE 62.1" iPhone application allows you to perform comprehensive minimum ventilation rate calculations for a wide variety of commercial buildings based upon both the Standard 62.1-2016 and 2019 versions. You can select which version to use by project so as to accommodate LEED requirements and more.
This app is loosely based upon the "62MZCalc.xls" Excel spreadsheet that accompanies each copy of the 62.1 User’s Manual (either the 2016 or 2019 version). You can do pretty much everything in this app that you can do in the Excel spreadsheet, in addition to the following:
1. Store an unlimited number of projects, systems, and zones that can be accessed and modified at any time.
2. Quickly perform ventilation calcs in the field, then email the results for further analysis on your office computer.
3. By using slider-controls for the inputs, you can instantly see the results update as you increase or decrease the input values.
4. Access all 70+ ASHRAE 62.1 space types with "per person" and "per unit area" ventilation rates.
5. Create default project templates (with your company default values, for example) that can be used to create new projects.
6. Easily toggle between English (IP) and Metric (SI) units
7. Select to calculate according to the 2016 or 2019 version of the Standard.
8. and more .....
The HVAC ASHRAE 62.1 app comes with full online help. In addition, full support and video tutorials (coming soon) are available at the support link located in iTunes.
We will periodically update this app based upon user feedback and will also release new versions along with new versions to the 62.1 Standard, itself.
1. Updated tables and calculations for the 2016 and 2019 versions of ASHRAE 62.1
2. Added all new space types for the 2016 and 2019 versions
3. Updated the air distribution list for the 2016 and 2019 versions
4. Allow for greater than 100% for people and supply fan airflow diversities
5. Optimized for all iPhone screen sizes including the new iPhone 12 Pro Max/iPhone 13 and iOS 15
6. Updated UI
7. Updated help
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't seen to work well with iOS 4
For some reason, the App does not work well on my Ipod Touch. I think it might be related to other problems I have experienced since I've downloaded the iOS 4 update on my iPod. When I get to select the Zone List, the App immediately closes down.
Love the update to 2019. About time.
This is an incredibly useful app for quickly calculating minimum ventilation rates for all types of spaces and buildings. I like how it mimics the spreadsheet that comes with the 62.1 standard, yet it is also much improved in the sense that I can easily use it out in the field. Also, it allows me to store multiple projects, systems, and zones all within the app and come back later to update and view the information. Great work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ASHRAE, Inc.
- 1.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2022. ASHRAE. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.