* WATCH over 4000 films from Canada's National Film Board
* Download films to WATCH OFFLINE (up to 48 hours)
* Add films to your FAVOURITES
* SEARCH the prestigious NFB film collection
* Browse films by thematic CHANNELS
* FIND NFB Events in your area
* READ blog posts about NFB works and behind-the-scenes
* KIDS' channel with fun and educational content for children
* LEARN about NFB Interactive Projects
* SHARE your discoveries with your friends by email, on Twitter or Facebook
* AirPlay and Chromecast support, allowing you to stream films to television
The NFB Films app requires iOS 9.3 and above.
Please send your feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Twitter to http://twitter.com/TheNFB.
Love the app? Please write a review for the App Store!
The National Film Board is Canada's public film producer and distributor. Find out more at http://www.nfb.ca/
• Improvements to performance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I regret that it hadn't occurred too me to write this review before. I love the content variety. Something for every one I imagine. If you are sensitive you'll surely find something to offend you because it has films of many things and at times films with opposing points. My recommendation? Do like me and don't watch the items whose very titles offend you.
The children's content is nice. For me, I love the simple films such as the "how to build an igloo". It was intriguing and I love to see the skill of two Inuit who slap together a nice dwelling in about 2 hours. A tool or two & you have shelter! Shows about an urban gardener. Shows depicting the life of the migrating Eskimo which life is now gone. Great to watch the old ways but I'm sure they are glad for a life of relatively greater comfort. Cree Hunters of Mistassinee (sp?), great. This review is way too long. Just get it. If you don't like it, I'll refund your ...wait it's free!
Has some classic animation on it,then a lot of so so efforts
Some of the content is brilliant,the short Ryan was a groundbreaking computer animation about the addiction of the animator from Montreal(which ended up killing his career) when it first came out or Madame Tulti Pulti, an artful animation about a train.
The rest is okay, still the concept of this project is pretty cool. I'm pretty familiar with Canadian film and they haven't been as successful as other places at creating an alternative filmmaking system.
The problem is the lack of high quality content.
Thank you so much for updating the app!
I am someone in the US who loves NFB content. The old version of the app was clunky, buggy and crashed all the time. This new update is slick and everything works well! I can finally save and rewatch all my favorites again! Thank you so much for finally fixing this app.
- National Film Board / Office national du film
- 37.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © National Film Board of Canada
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.