Central Florida, be ready for emergencies with OCFL Alert by Orange County Government! A must have for anyone who lives in the Central Florida area or has loved ones who do.
* See a map view of active emergency calls for fire, medical and traffic incidents.
* Receive the latest critical information from Orange County Emergency Managers including severe weather, traffic, evacuation, Amber and boil water alerts.
* Get help and find emergency phone numbers even if the power is out.
* During emergencies, locate shelters, ice and water distribution points and road closures.
* During hurricanes or other elevated scenarios receive the latest critical information from Orange County Emergency Managers.
- UI updates
- ADA compliance
Ratings and Reviews
Map View no longer "clickable"
April 6 - No longer receiving weather alerts. Used to get OCFL Alert just after NOAA Weather Radio alerts for Orange County. Received no alerts last night or this morning for tornado warning or severe thunderstorms. Also, the app used to pinpoint my location and zoom to that location upon opening map view and no longer does. I've checked my app settings and location services and that is not the issue.
Dec 12 issue addressed with Mar update-thank you!
December 12 - I'm not sure if this is a result of iOS updates, but I used to be able to tap the pins on the map view and get info on that particular activity. That feature isn't working anymore, so I can see pins, but have to scroll through the list view to find associated details. Also, I've noted controlled burns occurring near me recently for which I've seen no alert. Alerts used to be sent out for planned controlled burns. Otherwise this app has always been really useful.
Potentially helpful, alerts broken
The app could be life-saving, but it continues bombarding users with the same alert every few minutes... I don’t mean the updated severe weather or tornado warnings with new times or locations; I literally mean the same or even expired notifications despite viewing the alert from the app or from the push notification. The nonstop barrage had me temporarily disable notifications during the storm producing the tornadoes about which I was being warned. Even worse, today (6/8) I received another tornado warning push notification from (6/6). I don’t know what’s going on and apparently, neither does the app or its developers...
Overall very helpful but every time there’s a new notification it shows how many total notifications there have been since downloading the app. It now shows 74 notifications. Please fix!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Orange County Government
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2013 Orange County Government
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.