Bluefire Reader is the best way to read Adobe® Content Server protected ebooks on your iPhone or iPad. With Bluefire Reader you can read EPUB and PDF ebooks from many retailers, publishers and libraries.
This full featured ereader app includes bookmarking, notes, search, collections, batch import and export, and settings for fully customizing your reading experience
Bookstores, libraries and schools around the world tap Bluefire to design and develop their mission critical apps. Try Bluefire Reader today and see why.
Better book download experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Occasional bug,one annoyance, still the best
This is a great eReader. With Bluefire I always have many hours of reading in my pocket. I am never without something to read. Clean interface, everything I need and nothing I don’t.
But occasionally I leave the app in the middle of a book, then when I reopen it it starts at page 1. I then have to search through the text to find where I left off.
And one annoyance: I often read in bed while my spouse sleeps, so I swipe down to dim the text. I like that a lot. The annoyance is that horizontal bar at the bottom which stays at full brightness and is quite distracting. This may be an iOS thing which Bluefire cannot control.
Overall still the best. Much appreciated!
Has potential, but needs improvement
I like that it’s more customizable than other readers, but there are a couple things that annoy me.
1) Every other reader I’ve used, when you leave the app and come back.. it brings you directly to the book you were reading. This app brings you to the library instead. I know I can just press ‘now reading’, but it’s an unnecessary step. Once you’re in the middle of a book, odds are high the you’re gonna continue reading that book!
2) the app hangs frequently! I can be reading and flipping thru the pages, when all the sudden it doesn’t respond. Swipe, swipe.. nothing. It’s not the iPad because I can switch apps and do whatever else I want while the app is hung. This happens on multiple newer devices. If you give it 10 seconds or so it seems to come back, but it’s pretty ridiculous. The app has one purpose and that’s to display text. It has all kinds of time to have the next page ready while I’m reading the current page ** added note here, when it hangs it always seems to be at the end of a chapter
3) this is minor, but with all the freedom you have to pick your background and text color.. you don’t have the freedom to pick a highlight color. I had found an interesting color combo, went to highlight something and it didn’t highlight because of my color scheme
4) also minor, when dealing with RGB color selection, I’m used to seeing 0-255.. but for some reason this app uses 0-100.
Great rendering and flow, unusable library management
This is probably the best flow and rendering of ePub documents I’ve seen. It displays clear, high quality text that is a pleasure to read. It’s library capabilities and replication via third party file engines, cloud or private is up dependable and convoluted.
I use OneDrive and File Manager, and one would think that adding documents or folders should be easy. But it isn’t, adding items is an onerous task and does not add them to the library. The collections in the library cannot be organized by the document folder structure, but all appear to be dumped in one huge pot. Each individual document then must be manually moved to a collection manually. Collections are at one level only, so there is no hierarchy for Collection organization.
I can also not see if a document in the library is copied in the apps’ storage or if it is simply a link to the original location. Obviously no internal document / file management exists.
Perhaps I’m incorrect, in which case I would love to correct my initial impressions. Certainly for a product associated with Adobe, it is a huge disappointment.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bluefire Productions
- 22 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021, Bluefire Productions, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.