We have improved the user interface of three screens
Ratings and Reviews
Takes a little time to set up
This app takes some time to set up initially so is not a good one to pull out last minute. It is nice to have an app that addresses phonological processes.
I have found this app to be a good addition to my phonological therapy. The kids like when the cards spin when they get it correct and they enjoy the feedback of the recording. I do find some of the pictures difficult for kids to recognize and the repetition is random but that may be a setting I have yet to discover. This one is a keeper.
Good access to pictures but can be cumbersome to use.
I am very pleased to have access to minimal pairs on my iPad and not have to carry around many different packs of cards (I work itinerantly as an SLP). I like most of the word pairings and pictures, though some pictures are hard to grasp for my 3-5 year olds.
I do find it difficult to adjust to my needs and would like to see an option for a different interface where you can simply pick the deck you want to practice, the game to be played, and the child(ren) who will be participating.
- finally minimal pairs on my iPad!
- different games/levels of practice
- ability to track data for more than one student and target
- if you set up the app the way they suggest, you don't have control over which target is used each time you play (for students with more than one target)
- if you want to target the same target twice in one week you have to tweak the student's goals each time you play in order to select only the one you want to practice - which is a good work-around but more cumbersome than I think necessary
- only requests the target sound during auditory discrimination tasks, not both to see how well a student can identify either.
- some of the pictures are unclear, especially for younger students
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.