Video 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos (and Live Photos) in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to 'Video 2 Photo' you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* Taking 'The' good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With 'Video 2 Photo' this becomes feasible.
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* You need a precise tool to export multiple consecutive photos and use them with another application.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from your device in several ways.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG, JPEG or HEIC files) in different ways:
- archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
- send it by email
- retrieve it via iTunes file sharing (or the File app)
- copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
- print it
- open it directly in another application supporting image import.
- and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg/heic), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
You will find the original and intuitive user interface, common to all our videos applications.
Dark mode of iOS13 is supported.
These applications have been featured many times by Apple and various websites.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
• Dark mode of iOS13 is supported.
Ratings and Reviews
Never wrote a review but... This app changed my life.... For the loved one I lost...
This app has changed my life.. It's hard when you are alone with your animal and no one can take a photo but you and your selfie stick.... Which always come out hideous.. I suppose this theory works on people as well LOL...
However , my last weekend with saphire I was alone much of the time with the selfie.. All I had wanted was a few really good photos of us, to finalize almost two decades with this exquisite creature... My child... Known to others as a cat..
Anyhow, when i finally learned how to use it as a third party extension, within the photos app... WELL MY LIFE HAS CHANGED ! Im on to wine bottle number 2 now, and have around 30 photos alone that I have extracred, just from two videos !!!! I've got about 40 videos to go, so looks like I will get the frame worthy shots I have grieved over not having, as I was alone... And now this app changed everything...
...IN HONOR OF MY SAPPHIRE... Thank you devs!
I took some video of an incredibly beautiful lightning storm and wanted to capture a few still shots from it for Facebook. I tried for hours to get just the right moment ok my phone, but it wasn't able to pause at the right moment. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Finally googled it and a different, free app with lesser ratings was recommended. I searched through the first few and saw the great reviews and decided to go for it. And I always try the free version first.
I'm blown away by the ease of use and the quality - it only took a few minutes to figure things - it's beautifully advanced and equally simple to use.
Fantastic with one shortfall
I love this app, I use it to extract images for focus stacking in Affinity Photo from a Lumix camera which stores the exposures as frames in an MP4. The only downside to using the app is that when exporting multiple frames you have to express the starting and ending in time units instead of frame numbers (although frame numbers are the prominent display on screen). This results in a lot of flipping back and forth from export to preview to find the correct times which are often three decimal place fractions. If this were corrected it would go a long way towards user friendliness and would get 6 stars from me.
Developer Response ,
Thank you :)
Good idea, I'll try to add in the upcoming version the possibility to select the start/stop frames directly from the batch export screen.
- Francis Bonnin
- 49.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PacoLabs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.