Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
It is retina display enhanced, universal binary (run on iPhone/iPod and iPad), and is compatible with VoiceOver.
Type some text and it will be automatically encoded into some fullscreen flashing effect of the associated Morse code.
The flash light of your device will also be used.
Your "SOS" messages will be seen quite far away !
Some sound will also be played accordingly. In detailed mode, the text being encoded is scrolling through the decoding process.
Tap some morse code onto the screen and the program will translate it into some text.
Different input types are handled : Novice, Straight key, Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B), Microphone. Left and right handed modes supported.
Test and improve your skills : are you good enough to be understood?
Create audio files containing Morse code in a dynamic way or from a given text.
Use those files as you wish : listen to them to train your decoding skills or use them as ringtones for your phone.
Exclusive feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone into Text (the sound must be quite clear/loud and without much noise).
Some automatic calibration is performed, allowing adaptation to speed, tone and volume changes.
The full Morse alphabet can also be consulted and the associated Morse code can be played.
Tapped and decoded text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the In-app email and SMS.
A special screen allows textual conversion of morse code and text. Exchange encoded messages with your friends.
Wikipedia and Visual Mnemonic screens allowing to get informations and mnemonics regarding morse code.
You can also add your own web sites for an in-app consultation.
All the application is highly configurable (Frequency, WPM, tone type, color, morse characters, variables ...)
!!! As seen on TV !!! (UK) in Most Haunted Live: Apparently you can use it to communicate with ghosts (no guaranty though)
Premium features can also be unlocked as a single in-app purchase :
Koch trainer screen, CWops Academy learning method, Quiz screen, Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries : abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
Morse-it is powered by Icom, a world leader in the amateur radio market.
Thank you for using Morse-it!
Here are the changes since last time:
• 8.2.1 : Fix to prevent a crash when exiting the send segment screen of the CWops Academy feature.
• Hardware Interface: Keyboard / gamecontroller / icade controller support and configuration (allowing to potentially connect a real Morse Key).
• New version popup displaying the changes since last update, if any.
• Option to hide the Morse code displayed on the Pads and in the Encode screen.
• Option to slightly reduce the delay before automatically inserting a letter or word separated, to improve recognition (setting in the Key Type selection screen)
• Fix to prevents a possible torch lag with high speed Morse code.
• Tabbar change animations (optional feature).
• Settings: Global reorganization, mainly to avoid defining the same thing in different places (like speed/key type/gestures). You might have to update the Speed/Key type once, after this update.
• Settings: Possibility to change all the configuration sliders precisely by touching their value.
• Settings: Possibility to precisely enter a color using a RGB value.
• Premium: Improved Farsnworth precision (which can now be defined in WPM in the Settings screen, and not on the Rules Screen anymore).
• Premium: More options and information to share custom Macro Lists.
• Premium: Macros can be duplicated.
• Premium: CWOps Items macro list added (this can be useful in the Koch or the Quiz screen).
• Smaller fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best App Available
Morse-it, with its recent changes, is now the best training app for those serious about mastering Morse as a language. There is an in-app option to unlock additional modes. I recommend simply including it in the total purchase price.
I feel there are better apps for learning letters, but once you graduate to learning whole words and phrases, this is the app you want. The ability to text others exported Morse audio is also fun (if you have a training partner). This is one of the few apps to support this feature.
73 de N2OW
By far the best Morse app on any platform.
I purchased Morse-It app with my iPhone then put it on my iPad without having to purchase it again, as I expected. Then I purchased the premium upgrade on the phone but I was not getting it on the iPad. I emailed the developer and described the issue. They responded the same day, with instructions to use the restore button on the iPad, it worked. I have tried many Morse apps, some on desktop, this one is by far the BEST app, and customer support. 10 stars.
Responsive Dev Dedicated to the Product
The dev responded quickly to my review and educated me about the process to turn off review prompts in iOS (a pet peeve). Francis, you rock!
The app is the best in most regards for learning CW. It pairs well with Ham Morse. If you are doing CW Ops, it is great because all of Level 1 is built in. For Level 2, I am making a custom list of words to work on word recognition and review using the Quiz portion of the app.
Also, this app is by far the easiest way to make CW ringtones
Developer Response ,
Thank you for updating your review, and for explaining how you use the app !
For those interested, I keep the part of my previous answer about disabling the Review popups :
Morse-it uses the (recently introduced by Apple) system prompt to ask for a review. Those prompts respect the user choice and are not displayed if you don't want them to. They can be disabled, using the dedicated option in the Apple Settings app. Not only you won't see them in Morse-it, but you won't see them in any app that try to display them.
Note: In Morse-it there is also a More Apps popup (allowing you to see more apps from me). It will be displayed after some time. Just press the "Never" button once, to permanently hide that popup.
- Francis Bonnin
- 31.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PacoLabs
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.