This beautiful app is an ultimate journal, personal diary and mood charting tool. It can track not only mood, but anything you like: sleep, medication, symptoms, stress and anxiety, energy level, cycles, etc. It will help you discover causes of your ups and downs, and get surprising insights into yourself!
* Featured on NY Times, NY Daily News, made "The Best Bipolar Disorder Apps of the Year" by Healthline, voted "Top 10 apps for health and wellness" by Rewire Me, recommended by expert on Psychcentral.com and many other specialists.
- Colorful editable scale to rate overall well-being.
- Possibility to keep notes to record thoughts and experiences. You can create really long mood records, edit them any time you wish and even create records in the past if you missed a scheduled recording.
- Automatic reminders – as many as needed per day, including random ones.
- Animated mood history chart to browse history of mood records.
- Smart #hashtags system to establish associations between moods and experiences by adding #hashtags to records. Mark your emotions, people surrounding you, any other objects or activities with #hashtags. Examples: #angry, #surprised, #friends, #workout. iMoodJournal will show how your feelings and your surrounding affect your wellbeing in long term.
- Special hashtags to track any measurable essences, like medication, sleep, level of stress, etc. Use #hastags with colons and numeric values, like #aspirin:40mg or #sleep:8h
- Top Positive and Negative #hashtags charts to spot triggers of mood changes and filter mood records by #hashtags.
- Gorgeous summary charts to recognize time-based patterns in mood, which include full mood history, as well as weekly and daily average charts.
- Large landscape mood chart to visualize #hashtags values to discover correlations between mood and any measurable essences like medication, sleep, etc.
- Visualization of moods on the map if geolocation is enabled.
- Backup, synchronization and protection with passcode.
- Possibility to attach self-portrait photos to mood records and realize how your mood affects your appearance.
- Sharing moods with friends on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or sending them by email.
WHEN DO I NEED A MOOD DIARY AND TRACKING TOOL?
Mood diary is frequently offered by psychologists and therapists to help us discover facts about ourselves that otherwise slip our attention. You may experience a diagnosed condition like bipolar, OCD, depression, etc. Or you may want to track symptoms of PMS, IMS, PMDD, PPD, or track menstrual cycles. You may have stressful job, like manager reporting to executives or customer facing specialist, which makes you feel exhausted at the end of your long day. You may be on emotional rollercoaster as your partner is making your heart tear apart. Or you may simply be curious to know yourself better. This app may help! Bring your iMoodJournal to your therapist or discuss it with your close friend to maximize its positive impact on your life.
* To get the best out of the app, please keep regular records (preferably 2 – 3 times a day) of your mood with tags and self-portraits for at least 1 – 2 weeks. The Weekly Cycle chart requires several weeks of records to generate meaningful output. We wish you the very best experience with iMoodJournal. Please send us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Note that we have no means to reply if you try to get in touch using App Store reviews. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or via our website contact form – we provide full developer support and will be happy to hear from you and resolve any issue quickly, should you have any questions, suggestions, or problems.
More about the app: http://www.imoodjournal.com
Follow us on Twitter @iMoodJournal and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IMoodJournal/
Support for iPhone 12.x devices. Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Serious bipolar depression user
This helps me actually track my moods, I have always manually handled them and taught myself to watch for cues my behavior is changing, and if you’re looking at this app you’ll already know what I’m talking about. But this app, has allowed me to write down my moods and experiences and feelings as often as I want, reminds me 3 times a day and I have learned so much about myself, my fluctuations are much more frequent than I have realized before, it makes you actually stop and think about you for a second, it’s helped me quite a bit. And it’s helped my marriage life. I seriously recommend this app if you need a little help. It gives you different flow charts to show you’re mood cycles and can compare them to other days and weeks to see if theres a pattern, which there was for me and I had no clue
This is a very high-quality, useful app. I love being able to customize the colors, I like being able to do my own labels, and the tags feature is inspired. I've been tracking my mood on paper on and off for years, but this app is extremely convenient, makes the data easy to interpret, and is just fun to use. It covers all the basics you'd expect, including reminders, plus a lot of nice extras that you can use or ignore.
I've been trying out two other apps that contain mood journals, Pacifica and MoodKit, and while those apps have additional features their mood trackers aren't nearly as customizable or enjoyable to use (although Pacifica's is a 6 point scale rather than 10, which some may prefer.) MoodKit's in particular only lets you record one mood per day (who only has one mood all day?), which is not a problem with this app.
Update: well, not a whole lot has changed. The map feature is kind of neat. I have reminders set to random and sometimes I get two in one day and sometimes I don't get any, but otherwise the app works so well I don't care. I've been using it for two years and am still quite happy with it.
Love this app
Love this app. Been using it since December 2016 and have recommended it to multiple people. I love the 10 scale system, photo, and # feature. This app has helped me get through hard times and reflect on where things went wrong in the past. The recent improvements to the summary graphing feature are great, but I would like it seen taken further to be able to view and export graphs of exact time frames instead of just limiting to full period, quarter, current month, and last 30 days. Even a “Last x days” feature. And it would be nice to export high quality graph images instead of only being able to export them with the whole PDF.
If this feature becomes more robust this would be 5 Stars hands down.
- Inexika Inc.
- 64.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Inexika Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.