Pushpin is a beautiful, blazing fast, and feature-packed Pinboard client for iOS. Designed for both power users and newbies alike, Pushpin lets you browse, search, add, edit, and delete bookmarks seamlessly with a gorgeous interface. It also comes with two easy-to-use share extensions to help you quickly add bookmarks from any app.
Pushpin also has a powerful and flexible URL scheme, full support for Pinboard feeds, saved searches, offline reading support, integration with read later services like Instapaper, Readability, and Pocket, and the list goes on. But don't just take our word for it...
~~ Testimonials ~~
"I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again. If you buy only one Pinboard client for iOS, then your best bet would be Pushpin." - Pedro Lobo
"I wished hard enough and it came true: the clean, clear, and stable Pinboard iOS app of my dreams was written and released by someone much smarter than me and you should give them your money" - Jim Jazwiecki
"This is exactly what I want in a Pinboard app" - Alex Payne
~~ Features ~~
‣ Download your recent, unread, or all of your bookmarks for offline reading (including full webpages, with HTML, CSS, & JS).
‣ Search bookmarks at ridiculous speeds across titles, descriptions, URLs, and tags.
‣ Easily navigate to unread, starred, private, untagged, or public bookmarks (or custom feeds, such as unread+starred, of your choosing).
‣ Browse Recent, Network, Popular, Wikipedia, Fandom, and Japanese feeds.
‣ Hide, show, and reorder both personal and community feeds to suit your tastes.
‣ Send links to Pocket, Instapaper, or Readability.
‣ Save your searches and set them as your default feeds when you start up Pushpin.
‣ View tag autocompletions when adding or updating bookmarks.
‣ View and save feeds for specific users and tags, or any combination of the two.
‣ Browse and edit your tags, and view the number of times they've been used.
‣ Add a bookmark by switching to Pushpin with a URL on your clipboard.
‣ Customizable fonts.
‣ VoiceOver support.
‣ Share extensions for quick saving to Pinboard from any app that uses that built-in iOS share sheet.
‣ Built-in iOS Spotlight integration. Search your bookmarks from anywhere.
~~ Native Reader View and Fast In-App Browser ~~
‣ Fully customizable, native reader view (powered by Readability).
‣ Change the font, margin, background color, and line spacing.
‣ Share bookmarks to any app supporting iOS 8 share extensions.
~~ Premium Fonts ~~
New! Enhance your Pushpin reading experience with three beautifully-designed fonts from independent type foundries.
‣ Flex and Brando from Bold Monday.
‣ Lyon from Commercial Type.
~~ Built for Power-Users ~~
‣ Batch editing! Easily add or remove tags, change privacy, or update unread status for multiple bookmarks at a time.
‣ Keyboard shortcuts.
‣ Native integration with 1Password.
‣ Extensive URL scheme for adding bookmarks on the fly, opening URLs with the in-app browser, or viewing feeds for users or tags.
To read more, visit https://lionheartsw.com/software/pushpin/
Two optional, auto-renewing Tip Jar subscriptions are available for $0.49 per month or $4.99 per year (pricing varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account's Settings after purchasing.
‣ Fixed a freeze when logging in and when having a large number of bookmarks. Special thanks goes out to John Manoogian for reporting this issue!
Thank you so much all for the tips. You are all seriously the best. LT3
If Pushpin has given you huge value (more than the price you paid for it), please consider sending over a tip! Tips are a huge motivator and help support ongoing development. We'll never charge you for an update of the software so tips are very appreciated.
Love Pushpin? Write us an App Store review!
Have an idea? Something not working? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A decent app for Pinboard Users
I have had Pushpin for a while but often opted to use the app PinSwift because it felt more feature-rich. But, after the development for that app ended, and I was unable to reinstall it on a new device, I turned to Pushpin. Generally, the app seems to offer me the opportunity to share my links well, and I appreciate some of the features a lot (such as tag matching). While there are some really good features for power-users (like batch editing), I feel that some features are conspicuously absent (for example, it does not pull any data from RSS or the Web to auto-fill the description section for a new bookmark/pin, which would seem to be an obvious feature to include). I was going to see if power-user functions like this were available through the URL schemes offered on the developer website but it seems that links to this section are no longer accessible on the developers site.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your feedback. As for the issues you need help with, please contact us at email@example.com so we could reach out and resolve this.
The Great Pinboard App
You got to hand it to the developer(s) for keeping PushPin fully functional and relevant. Nothing is broken. It works with iOS 13 and has retained its blazing fast search and speed.
Updates are not at all frequent these days, but when everything is working well, I see little need for it to be wrenched on all the time. And when updates do happen they are significant.
And as always it’s intuitive, with plenty of customization available to make the experience worthwhile and personal. PushPin even plays nice with iPads.
I’d encourage anyone reading this to seriously consider a “tip” to the developer(s). If you enjoy the advanced capabilities it provides and have had years of value and enjoyment from this excellent Pinboard app.
Lastly, as luck would have it, PushPin is also the very last of the iOS Pinboard apps that actually works. So if you are looking for a Pinboard app, PushPin is literally THE ONE that hasn’t been totally abandoned.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this great feedback and support. It means a lot to us. Your review serves as a great motivation to go forward so keep enjoying our app!
so far this app does everything that I hoped it would do, and does it well. easy to add /edit. easy to search through tags. captive browser is fast for reviewing links. sharing links is easy. the developer responded within a day to a question I sent their way.
I'm sure that I can come up with useful things that they don't do yet, but pushpin nails the basics in an incredibly useful app. I expect this to quickly become an indispensable part of my web workflow.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for providing detailed and useful feedback! If you have any suggestions for improvement, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lionheart Software LLC
- 20.2 MB
Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2020 Lionheart Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Tip $0.49
- Annual Tip $4.99
- The Fiver $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.