Chaos Control is a personal organizer that will help you manage your goals, to-do lists and tasks in both your business and personal life.
People don't usually achieve impressive results simply by being good at task management. It's the ability to set legitimate goals that makes the difference. Just write down your desired outcomes to make them real. This simple technique helps you to prioritize your goals before acting on them.
Chaos Control is a task manager based on the best ideas of GTD (Getting Things Done) methodology created by David Allen. Whether you are running a business, launching an app, working on a project or simply planning your holiday trip, Chaos Control is a perfect tool to manage your goals, juggle your priorities, and organize your tasks to get things done. And the best part is, you can handle both heavyweight project planning and simple daily routine like shopping list management in one flexible app. Also, Chaos Control is available across all major mobile and desktop platforms with seamless sync.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1) MANAGE YOUR PROJECTS
Project is a goal combined with a set of tasks you need to complete in order to achieve it. Create as many projects as you like to write down all the desired outcomes you have
2) ORGANIZE YOUR GOALS
Create unlimited number of projects and group them by category using Folders
3) USE GTD CONTEXTS
Organize tasks from different projects using flexible context lists. If you are familiar with GTD you would just love this feature
4) PLAN YOUR DAY
Set due dates for tasks and make plans for any particular day
5) USE CHAOS BOX
Put all the incoming tasks, notes and ideas into Chaos Box in order to process them later. It works similar to GTD inbox, but you can use it as a simple to-do list
6) SYNC YOUR DATA
Chaos Control works on both desktop and mobile devices. Setup an account and sync your projects across all of your devices
This app is designed with creative people in mind. Designers, writers, developers, startup founders, entrepreneurs of all kinds and pretty much anyone with ideas and desire to make them happen. We combined the power of GTD with the convenient interface to help you with:
• personal goal setting
• task management
• time management
• planning your business and personal activities
• building your routine
• handling simple to do lists, checklists and shopping lists
• catching your ideas and thoughts to process them later
• Seamless cloud sync across all major mobile and desktop platforms
• GTD-inspired Projects and Contexts supplemented with Folders, sub-folders and sub-contexts
• Recurring tasks (daily, weekly, monthly and chosen days of the week)
• Chaos Box - Inbox for your unstructured tasks, notes, memos, ideas and thoughts. Great tool for staying on track inspired by GTD ideas
• Notes for tasks, projects, folders and contexts
• Fast and smart search
CHAOS CONTROL PREMIUM
• Seamless sync across all your devices running pretty much any major mobile or desktop platform
• Cloud data backup
• Recurring tasks for managing activities that happen regularly
• Nested folders and contexts for better projects and tasks structuring
• PIN code protection: secure your data with a secure passcode
• Favorite tasks, projects and contents
Have a productive day!
1. With this update we completely reworked the “New Task” dialog structure. From now on, instead of one long list of parameters, it consists of 4 tabs: General, Metadata, Reminders and Memo. Such dialog architecture is more clear, simple to use and has huge potential for further improvements and adding new features like attachments, multiple contexts and notes in upcoming releases. Also, it should be more clear now how to add reminders. A whole new tab for this functionality will allow us to expand it in future as well.
2. In previous versions of Chaos Control you could only see tasks in context lists. From now on the app will show you projects there as well. In combination with the “Favorites” menu it is a powerful way to organize your projects and single tasks together, in convenient way.
3. We tweaked our Siri integration and from now on it should be easier to capture thoughts and tasks into Chaos Box using voice. Please make sure to enable the feature in the Settings menu of the app and start experimenting. Also note that you can see any tasks list from Siri using the “Siri Shortcuts” feature. Use the “Add to Siri” command in the task list menu to do that.
Plus, we’ve made various improvements and fixes which should make using Chaos Control more enjoyable and productive.
We hope you’ll like the update!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow! Review after 15 Minutes of Use.
I’ve tried setting up Trello, Todoist and Asana. I just didn’t have the time for all the bumbling trial and error. I hated the idea of completely giving up and working from an Excel “Project Lists” but at least that is a one and done for me. Thankfully yesterday I read about Chaos Control as a GTD app and decided to give it a shot.
Wow! Is all I can say. Within 15 minutes I’ve entered my current tasks by context and am easily setting up my project folders. SUPER INTUITIVE for the way my brain works. I run a creative business from home, work outside the home, volunteer, have hobbies, personal goals, kids and a hubby. I’m believing I can finally get it all in one place! If you are looking for a simple and straightforward project/context/GTD app - give this a try!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback!
We are glad you are enjoying the app.
Take me back....
Yet another company that things they have to change things that already work pefectly. They had a clean, well-organized interface that put all the necessary controls on the main screen. I’m looking at the old and new versions side-by-side on my two iPad minis: with the old version I see my 8 to-dos for today in the upper 2/3rds of the screen in nice bold print, along with 6 items from tomorrow’s list on the bottom third. With the new version there’s a lot of wasted white space, leaving room enough for only one of tomorrow’s items at the bottom -this is with the display options set for minimalist information. Old version: simple, highly readable and efficient. New version: a huge amount of wasted screen space and smaller print, making it both less readable and less efficient. If you write long sentences for your to-dos you might appreciate that the menu bars are no longer present on the left and right sides of the screen, but for those of us who express ourselves succinctly, the convenience is compromised by this change. The wasted vertical space is the major complaint I have about this upgrade.
Developer Response ,
Updated on May 31:
Hey there. Just wanted to let you know that we updated the UI of the iPad app and it is much more clear and convenient now. Please consider giving the app a try once again and changing your review. That would mean a lot. Thank you!
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.
The thing is, this update is just a first step towards huge improvements. The UI you see on your iPads is actually scaled UI of the iPhone app. That is why the menu is not fixed and that is why there is a lot of "wasted" space. While this is definitely not optimal, we had to publish this update to bring the new UI to iPhone users. And on iPhone it works perfectly.
Anyway, we are updating the iPad UI in coming weeks. So no worries, it will be at least as convenient as in previous version.
This App Helped Me to Understand GTD
Chaos Control has become my central organizing app. I read Getting Things Done several times and had some difficulty implementing it.
Using this app, the methods finally clicked. I use the “chaos box” for general in then sort by context and projects. This app has even helped me with paper applications of the GTD method.
Well done. Clean. Easy to Use. Easy 5 star without a second thought
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback!
We are glad Chaos Control is helpful.
- Dmitriy Tarasov
- 289.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Tarasov Mobile
- In-App Purchases
- Chaos Control Premium $11.99
- "Level Up" e-book $4.99
- Premium Subscription: 1 Month $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.