HOW TO DEFEND, ESCAPE AND COUNTER SUBMISSIONS FROM ALL THE MOST COMMON BJJ POSITIONS!
Grapplearts Submission Defense is the first app dedicated to helping you NOT tap out to submissions on the ground. Learn how to prevent, defend and escape even the most powerful submissions.
Stephan Kesting is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu blackbelt, an instructor in Combat Submission Grappling, and has over 30 years of experience in the martial arts. He also operates Grapplearts.com, one of the most respected grappling sites on the web.
Grapplearts Submission Defense includes:
* 36 Submission Defenses and Escapes, broken down into easy-to-follow steps. Become 300% harder to tap by learning the 3 levels at which every submission can be countered.
* 24 additional 'Key Points' videos, taking you through the advanced aspects of the submission defenses to make them truly effective.
* Principles and concepts to make the techniques easy to learn, and tricks that allow you to escape and turn the tables on your opponent even for the most powerful submissions.
* All the material is shot in high definition video and professionally edited so it looks great on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
*This app is self-contained: once you download it you do NOT need an internet connection to view the step-by-step techniques or the detail menus
* SPECIAL BONUS: Purchase of this app also entitles you to receive a lesson on shutting down your opponent's offense from the guard from the Black Belt Grappling Concepts Course. entirely for free!
1. Armbar from Guard: Awareness and Prevention
2. Armbar from Guard: Lion Kill Defense
3. Armbar form Guard: Ninja Star Escape
4. Armbar from Top: Awareness and Prevention
5. Armbar from Top: Clear & Bridge Counter
6. Armbar from Top: Hitchhiker Escape
7. Triangle Choke: Awareness and Prevention
8. Triangle Choke: Stack and Spin Escape
9. Triangle Choke: Foot in Armpit Escape
10. Omoplata: Awareness and Prevention
11. Omoplata: Cartwheel Escape
12. Omoplata: Rolling Counter
13. Guillotine Choke: Awareness and Prevention
14. Guillotine Choke: Run Around Counter
15. Guillotine Choke: Arm Over Shoujlder Escape
16. Arm Triangle Choke: Awareness and Prevention
17. Arm Triangle Choke: Reguarding Counter
18. Arm Triangle Choke: Leg Grab Counter
19. Rear Naked Choke: Awareness and Prevention
20. Rear Naked Choke: Block and Slide Counter
21. Rear Naked Choke: Unwrapping the RNC
22. Americana Armlock: Awareness and Prevention
23. Americana Armlock: Elbow Push Counter
24. Americana Armlock: Straight Arm and Spin
25. Kimura from Guard: Awareness and Prevention
26. Kimura from Guard: Taking the Back Counter
27. Kimura from Guard: Hand Sandwich Counter
28. Kimura Shoulderlock: Awareness and Prevention
29. Kimura Shoulderlock: Half Guard Defense
30. Kimura Shoulderlock: Grip Strip Counter
31. Kneebar: Awareness and Prevention
31. Kneebar: Triangle and Crossface
33. Kneebar: Leg Pry Escape
34. Straight Footlock: Awareness and Prevention
35. Straight Footlock: Standup Counter
36. Straight Footlock: Hip Hop Counter
Updates for iOS 11 and changes to support new upcoming app platform.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sub defense app review
I really like the simplicity and easy to understand steps. The breakdown of the moves are very helpful.
Hands down one of the best apps to improve your BJJ
I have downloaded and studied many different programs out there, and every time Stephan comes out with something new, I download it right away. He always has extremely helpful and detailed instructions on not only how to apply the technique, but how to avoid some of the pitfalls that come along with the different techniques.
This is without a doug, a must have for anyone in the BJJ community.
I purchased this after I got caught in a triangle and when I spoke with my teacher, he didn't give me enough options for the escape. This immediately improved my game, and I use these escapes all the time now. In fact, my confidence with these escapes has made me a little less inclined to avoid the submissions in the first place, and I'm more willing to be aggressive in my game. Thank you so much Stephen.
- Grapplearts Enterprises Inc.
- 571.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Grapplearts Enterprises Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.