Discover the awesome reading game that helps early learners master more than 200 three-letter words. In Gappy Learns Reading, you'll travel across four exciting worlds, spelling words to bridge the gaps and collect the parts you need to redesign Gappy's house. From a cozy cabin to a castle with a gingerbread roof, there are more than 700 creative combinations you can make in the primary learning adventure perfect for pint-size readers.
“This app, from these tried and true developers, is so engaging, visually pleasing, and inviting the students simply can’t get enough of it!” — Teachers With Apps
• 211 three-letter words for kids to learn, including 174 basic CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) and 37 common sight words.
• A fun puzzle game design for preschool and kindergarten learners who know the alphabet and are just beginning to read.
• 54 different house parts that let kids make 720 fanciful combinations.
• Four game levels that help children progress from identifying letters to spelling words.
• The ability to switch cases, helping children learn capital and lowercase letters.
• Selectable word groupings that let players learn at their own pace.
• A teaching keypad with the name and sound of every letter.
• No ads or in-app purchases.
Awards & Recognitions:
• Featured in Apple Apps for Preschool & Kindergarten
• Featured in Apple’s Education Spotlight Newsletter
• Apple New and Noteworthy
The entire collection of Spinlight apps are now part of the Little 10 Robot family. AlphaTots Alphabet, TallyTots Counting, Pixel and Parker, Operation Math, Winky Think Logic Puzzles, Billy’s Coin Visits the Zoo, Gappy Learns Reading, Gappy Learns Writing, Geography Drive USA, Swapsies Jobs, Swapsies Sports, YodelOh Math Mountain and more!
Crafted by Little 10 Robot. We believe that smiling is the first step in learning. That’s why we make educational apps loaded with serious fun.
Gappy Learns Reading has joined the Little 10 Robot family!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Help Gappy, the sweet bunny, rebuild and decorate his house by learning phonics and spelling sight words. Choose a level and select the correct letter to get Gappy across a number of bridges to his house. Once there, you earn parts of a house to mix and match in making the best home for Gappy. There are 4 levels increasing in difficulty from making words by adding 1 letter to spelling the word in its entirety. There are nearly 200 sight words, so this app will have staying power for a long time. For sensory sensitive kids, I would definitely turn off the music to prevent overload, and allow a kid time to process the instruction. There are links to other apps under a secured button. Recommended.
Get this for early reading
This app is awesome. It has multiple levels at different difficulties. Love to build the houses. Recommend.
If you are looking for the perfect app to teach children how to begin reading (in a fun way)....you just found it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.