Looking for PE classes with individual guidance, engaged students, real-time effort tracking, and easy assessment? Meet Polar GoFit, the app specifically designed to help you take your PE lessons to a whole new level.
Polar’s science-based sports technology helps millions of people around the globe reach their training goals. Now you can harness the same know-how to elevate your PE classes with the help of your iPad. See how hard your students are exercising during your lesson, view and measure their performance, and evaluate them based on their individual effort. With Polar GoFit and live heart rate tracking, you can encourage every student to make progress on their own fitness level.
Polar GoFit Highlights
- Real-time effort tracking during class
- Individual guidance for each student on their own level
- Student engagement with fun and motivating reward badges
- Easy progress monitoring and assessment
- Offline data recording with select Polar watches – teach without range limitations
The Polar GoFit app is designed to be used with the polargofit.com web service to help you manage your course and student evaluation. Plan your course on polargofit.com, then simply bring an iPad and Polar heart rate monitors to your PE class and use the GoFit app to see how each student is performing.
During the class, each student wears a Polar heart rate monitor, allowing you to follow their heart rate on the go.* The GoFit app guides your students to stay within set target heart rate zones to achieve the wanted health benefits, so you can teach the whole class and at the same time guide each student personally. Based on their effort, the app rewards them with badges that increase motivation and engagement.
After the class, the data from the session is uploaded and saved in the polargofit.com web service, allowing you to monitor the progress of each individual student throughout the academic year. All your students’ workout data can also be recorded and stored on select Polar watches for fast upload to the Polar GoFit service, giving you a perfect view on each student’s training profile.
*Compatible devices: https://support.polar.com/en/polar-gofit-compatible-devices?product_id=38642&category=top_answers
• Before the lesson: manage your students, assign transmitters to them, and set a target zone for the lesson.
• During the lesson: follow your students’ heart rates online (current heart rate, time accumulated in the target zone, badges collected).
• After the lesson: analyze summary data from the whole class (average and maximum heart rate, time accumulated in the target zone, time spent in each heart rate zone, badges collected).
• Select Polar watches continue recording data offline when your students go outside the range of your iPad! This new feature gives you the freedom to teach your class without worrying about students moving too far from the iPad running Polar GoFit. This way, you capture every moment of every PE class without limitations.
Discover more about Polar physical education products at
Select Polar watches can record data offline without any range limitations! This new feature gives you the freedom to teach your class without worrying about students going outside of range of the iPad running Polar GoFit. This ensures you capture all your students’ data during your PE classes.
Ratings and Reviews
Problems with viewing history
After a session is complete and I close the app, I can't review the history. App crashes every single time. I have an ipad mini4
Update This App
The iOS on iPad keeps getting updated but this app is not and it does not work as well as it used to during class. The heart rate monitors do not connect as well and we are suddenly having many problems throughout the school day.
Update soon please
With the advancements in technology and all the updates from Apple, we are having major issues with Bluetooth connections.
Please come out with an update Soon!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Polar Electro Oy
- 38.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
English, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Polar Electro OY
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.