Allowance & Chores Bot makes it easy to keep track of your family's allowance and chores. With Allowance & Chores Bot, children won't lose or misplace paper money and you won't have to keep track of allowances and chores by hand. Teach your children about saving, spending, and earning money through work and good behavior.
Allowance & Chores Bot will automatically keep your whole family’s allowances and chores in sync across all your devices.
With Allowance & Chores Bot you can create a daily, weekly, or monthly allowance for each child. Each child can have their own rate of periodic allowance. It's also very easy to assign chores to multiple children. Each chore can be a one time chore, or repeated on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
Kids see how much they have saved and how much they’ve spent. They can watch their allowance savings grow with the Allowance Graph and see how much savings they'll have in the future. Kids can see what chores need to be done and check them off when completed. Kids can receive chore reminders without having to open the app.
* Create and manage as many children, allowances, and chores as you want.
* Automatic sync between multiple devices - no setup required, just login to the app with the same email and password.
* Set up daily, weekly, or monthly allowances.
* Easily assign chores to multiple children.
* Choose whether allowances accrue automatically or only after parental approval.
* Deduct money from a child's account when they spend money.
* Easily withhold any number of future allowance payments as punishment.
* Supports many international currencies.
* Supports several pretend currencies like Points, Smiley Faces, Federation Credits & more.
* Give rewards for good behavior or good grades.
* Receive reminders when you forget to approve an allowance or chore payment.
* Pre-readers can have things like chore names, chore descriptions, allowance and savings amounts read aloud to them by the app.
* Approve or unapprove allowance payments.
* Optional parental passcode stops kids from making changes without permission.
Allowance & Chores Bot offers an optional subscription to get the following Premium Features:
* Create Up-For-Grabs chores that can be assigned to multiple children, but can only be done by one child at a time.
* Create chores that automatically rotate between children on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
* Option to keep chores in child's chore list for extra days if not done on the first assigned day.
* Unlimited history in the Graph view -- the history of savings, spending, and chore activity.
* Advanced reminders with settable time of day, and notifications for many events.
* Automatically approve allowance payments based on required chores.
* Parents can set chore reminders at specific times of the day and press a button to send chore reminders at any time.
* Change the order children are displayed in the main screen of the app.
* Create Reward chores to pay an amount for each completed chore.
* Change the order chores are displayed in each child’s todo list.
* Configure the visibility of each child on your devices.
* Create child passcodes to allow children to protect their account information and chore list from siblings, change their own photo or avatar, and spend money.
* Children can choose one of 16 avatars, or a photo to personalize the app.
* Photos can be added to each chore to help kids understand what needs to be done.
There are three subscription options to get the Premium Features: monthly, semi-annually, or annually.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless turned off at least 24-hours before the current subscription period. You can manage your subscription, change plan and turn auto-renewal off by going to your phone’s Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://wingboat.com/TOS.html
* Fixed sort in Payments view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Concept, Needs some work
So, the app keeps saying lost connection to server and dropping me back to the login screen. I was able to get it to work, but that seemed to happen fairly regularly.
Thoughts on functionality to follow here. What is there is very basic. I’m sure the graphics took more time than the app workflow.
1. I’d like to be able to create a pool of chores that can be assigned to or picked up by the child. This seems very basic if you’ve ever worked with any kind of CRM system. It’s a logical way to organize something like this.
2. Chore template that can be utilized over and over rather than starting from scratch every time. The schedule feature wouldn’t work for this in my mind if that’s where you’re gonna go.
3. It’s 2018, fingerprint and facial rec...seems like basics if you’re gonna charge for an app.
4. Ability for child to add chores, with an approval of course
5. Take another look at how you add chores and assign to the child. The UI isn’t easy to follow.
At the end of the day, you’ve got a good looking app that doesn’t seem very well thought out beyond the just what’s on the surface. It doesn’t have to be crazy complex, but currently it doesn’t offer enough to make it really worth using long term I don’t think. It will become to cumbersome and we’ll stop using it.
Footnote...trues to contact developers and their form on their website errors out. Sweet...
Helpful & Super Easy
I love this app! Prior to this app I considered paying for a kids bank account type app but that seems so overkill. We’ve kept charts on the fridge and tried piggy banks with real money. All of it was confusing and we would forget daily. This app saves so much time and keeps us organized. I’ve even added behavioral goals for them like “having a good attitude” or “helping little brother”. Our boys have even used there allowances to buy us parents gifts! So it’s teaching them a lot about responsibility, money management and gives them a sense of control that they get to choose whether they do the chore or lose the chance for money. Much less conflict in our wild and crazy house!!! I’ve begun referring it to all my client’s parents as I am a behavioral and play therapist for children. Plus the price is negligible, awesome all around.
Excellent app! Needs some tweaks.
I am a new user, but so far it seems fantastic. I have sent feedback regarding a few issues- I'm hoping that I am just missing these features somehow:
1) when you set a reward/punishment, it doesn't seem like the child is notified. This makes me wonder why the parent enters text to describe the reward. How is this ever able to be viewed in the future..either by parent or child?
2) I am still trying to figure out how to approve chores. I am being notified when they are completed, but when I go in to approve them, there is nothing for me to approve???
3) I would like to see a log that shows the child each time an allowance is paid, each time a "punishment " deduction is made, each time a reward is made etc. Just like a bank statement, it would provide an explanation for the child to reference. I like the visual provided by the graph, but I do think an accounting of transactions is essential.
- WingBoat.com LLC
- 130.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 WingBoat.com LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Plan $2.99
- Premium Annual Plan $19.99
- Premium Semiannual Plan $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.