"I've tried other DBT apps and none of them come close to this one. It's a real life saver... literally!"
"I'm so glad to see someone help people who does DBT. VERY VERY good app."
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills are a must, not just for people who have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), but for just about anyone living in this world alongside others.
Are they necessary skills? No. Could anyone benefit from them? Yes.
DBT Skills Groups are booked out weeks and often times months in advance. This means that if you want to get in one, you may be waiting for a long long time, especially if NOW is when you need help.
DBT Skills Groups focus on SKILLS. This means that practicing the skills is much more important than anything else. And luckily, once you learn the skills, you will retain them for the rest of your life!
If you are practicing DBT Skills and want a Diary Card, this app is great for you since it has the following:
• A Calendar to add a Daily Diary Card with 28 DBT skills.
• Descriptions of each skill if you forget
• Examples of each skill
• Premium Users have access to 28 Original Videos for the 28 DBT Skills.
• Statistical information based on 1 day, 7 days, 28 days, or ALL records. That way if you are in a weekly DBT class, you can easily see which skills you have been focusing on, and which you have been missing.
• A Notification reminder that you can set to remind you daily at a specific time to do your DBT Skills Diary Card.
• Beautiful photos and artwork along with a backdrop that changes based on what season we are in (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring).
• Add your own music to the DBT Skills Diary Card to make the experience more enjoyable.
• Full Version Users: You can now send PDF files with your diary card stats + notes via email, or print to your AirPrint printer straight from within the app. Email your therapist/counselor with just a few taps in an easy to read and print format!
• As part of our series of DBT apps, your progress will be saved between apps as well, so you'll have access to all your data no matter which DBT app you are in.
• Earn Messages Stickers as you progress. Send them to friends via a text!
• Unlock more than 1 type of Diary Card so you can continue doing your daily card in a format that fits your lifestyle!
• Want to track extra information? Though DBT classes don't require it, you can add custom tracking data for each Daily Diary Card entry. Of course, since this is optional, you simply need to toggle it on to start tracking right away.
a) Track Anxiety and Depression using a modified K10 test.
b) Track Target Behaviors and your response to them.
c) Track Emotions to see your range and average mood over time.
This is the most enjoyable DBT Skills Diary Card in the App Store! Download it today!
v4.1 Thank you for continuing to use our app! Here's what the newest version includes:
• Fixed a bug where the app would sometimes crash when upgrading from the Free Version to the Premium Version.
• Fixed a bug where if you owned our 'Tools' apps, but didn't upgrade to the Diary Card Premium Version, you couldn't watch the Premium Videos for the accompanying Tools App during a Diary Card. Thanks Cynthia!
• Added a 'Purchases' section which will allow you to upgrade to the full version of the Diary Card and Quiz apps (if you are currently in them), as well as showing you which purchases you've made, and which ones are still available.
• Fixed some of the 'Share' features which crashed the app in the past. Thanks Katrina!
• A bit of refactoring.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please fix bug on classic diary card
A great app so far but unable to progress through tracking daily emotions on classic diary card as “continue” is grayed out at the bottom.
*EDIT: The error was mine. I was not choosing an answer for each emotion. Eg., if I did not experience the emotion of, say, envy for the day I was leaving that blank, rather than choosing 0 as my answer. All emotions must have a rating before being able to progress.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I get a chance and try to figure out what the problem is. Can you email me so I can try to pinpoint where your issue is? I'm guessing it's one of the add-on modules where the continue button isn't working? email@example.com is my email.
I love this app, it has helped me with my BPD
To all the people on other reviews saying the bubble is too slow, you can unlock a flash card setting and simple diary card setting where you do not have to wait for the bubble. I think it unlocks those after using the app a few days. The only thing I didn’t like was that if you don’t pay for the premium version, you can only edit and look at the past weeks history (not anything past that.) I loved this app so much I went ahead and paid the $4 for the premium version. Now I can check my entire history and also watch all the videos on each skill. I really love that you can read about all the skills without having to open a diary card. This app has helped me to not have any bpd episodes in a whole month (I got it a month ago) which I have never been able to do!!!
Missing half of the Diary Card!
This app unfortunately only has the back side of the “official” DBT diary card, where you note which skills you used that day. It might be good to continue using after you’ve completed a term of DBT, to stay refreshed on your skills. However, most people currently working on DBT would need the front side of the card, where you make notes about the day, track intensity of emotions such as Anger and Anxiety, and keep track of your weekly Target Behavior. Not sure why the app only has the back side.
Also, I found the bubble animation on each question to be a tad slow, especially if you were trying to enter a couple days at a time.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! All those things you wanted actually are in the app! When I did my DBT class, I wasn't taught to track daily emotions and/or target behavior, so there were only the 28 skills to track. But many people requested what you did, so I added those as Optional Modules. You can toggle them on from the App Settings Page. From the home screen, just tap Menu > App Settings, and toggle the optional modules you want on. Once they're on, you will be able to complete them whenever you finish the default 28 skill Diary Card.
To address the slow bubble - I agree, it's a bit slow. This was intentional - to give a slower transition between skills. But to compensate, especially because people get used to doing the skills and may want to go much quicker, there are 3 styles of Diary Card you can do - Classic, Flash, and Simple. The Flash and Simple are much faster, and are unlocked after doing a few days of the Classic Diary Card.
I'm thinking on adding some new options to the tutorial - like allowing the user to toggle on the Optional Modules if they so choose. That way, they can still do them, even if they haven't gone through the app, since the options are a bit tucked away.
Again, thank you for the review :) It helps to get feedback to focus on attention on the areas that are lacking. Good luck on your DBT practice!
- POP POP LLC
- 52.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 Pop Pop LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Version $3.99
- Donate $0.99 USD $0.99
- Donate $1.99 USD $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.