Get vaccine information—Anytime. Anywhere. Find videos, animations & graphics. Ask us questions. Info includes safety, diseases, immune system & more.
It is easier than ever to get health information. But sometimes, it’s difficult to weed out the “good” information (which is scientifically accurate) from the “bad” information (which is not based on science). This is especially true for vaccines.
In a continued effort to provide the public with information about the science, safety and importance of vaccines, the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (VEC) created Vaccines on the Go: What You Should Know so busy parents can access the information wherever and whenever they need it.
Vaccines on the Go: What You Should Know contains information about:
• Vaccines and the diseases they prevent
• Recommended immunization schedules for children, teens and adults
• Vaccine safety concerns, including autism, thimerosal and too many vaccines
• How the immune system works, including what happens during an infection or when a person is immune compromised
• Disease and vaccine information related to travel, including descriptions of cholera, Japanese encephalitis virus, typhoid and yellow fever
Additional features include:
• Graphics depicting disease characteristics, such as levels of contagiousness and typical disease timelines
• Links to videos about vaccines, including animations related to how viruses attack cells, maternal antibodies and immunizations, and more
• Vaccine-related trivia
• A place to record notes or questions for the next doctor’s visit
• Ways to stay connected with the VEC, including sending us vaccine-related questions or signing up for Parents PACK, our free monthly e-newsletter
• Links to other online VEC resources, like booklets and Q&A sheets
This version of the Vaccines on the Go: What You Should Know mobile application is optimized for iPhones running iOS9 or more recent versions of iOS releases.
Ratings and Reviews
Very well organized, comprehensive app for families who have questions about vaccines, vaccine schedules, and whether vaccines are safe for their child. Also, well made app!
Update is awesome
The recent update to this app is fantastic. The information is organized thoughtfully and the refreshed visual presentation is dynamic. As always, the content is thorough and robust.
Very well-done. Perhaps one addition: what if in the "schedule" section there was at least rudimentary info about the diseases being prevented? Like you click on rotavirus, and it tells you what it is, why it's dangerous, etc.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- 38.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.