Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
***Featured as a Best New App on the US App Store for Navigation***
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require inRoute Pro--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
inRoute Pro (for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay & Mac):
- $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 annually. 1 week free trial
- Create routes with up to 150 locations (8 in free version)
- Sync routes and pins between devices
- Weather charts/custom routes
- Severe weather alerts during navigation (US, Canada, EU areas)
- Export/share routes as GPX files
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite App - Since 2014
I'm a long distance motorcycle rider and love taking the back, winding road. I also run a large sport touring motorcycle group and plan very complex rally routes in the Smokey Mountains. I've tried out so many route apps and have paid for all of them. InRoute stands out far ahead of all others. It's not even a contest. Many other apps depend on a computer based application where you can view a route on the app. Some focus on uploading to a GPS, but few, if any, do it all on your phone or tablet. Those that can display a route rarely provide spoken turn by turn directions and none provides the ability to find gas stations along the route at 200 mile intervals and hotels ever 8 hours of driving, while adding layovers and stops at designated points. But where all others fall down is editing a given route on the fly from your phone. One more point of interest. Data is needed when you start a route. If you ride into areas where there is zero data access, you will always see your designated route and spoken turn by turn directions will always take you on your planned route.
All in all, there is no better route planner - period. Faithful InRoute user since 2014.
Planning Motorcycle Rides
Have been looking for a Route Planner, this works pretty well. Took some time to become familiar with the features, I use it for Motorcycle rides and its been fun planning out the Routes. After mapping out the trips, they can be titled and saved and can be shared. The app allows you to map out a desired route using what they call waypoints, the only problems I have found is, if you're not careful where you drop the way points, it will direct you off route, once you pass that way point, the app tries to redirect you back to that point . Would be cool if there were a skip button that directed you to the next waypoint on your programmed Route allowing you to continue the trip with out confusion, other than that, as I said before, it works Pretty well.
Apparently they listen well, there is a skip button if you want to proceed past a waypoint..cool!
Now I wish there were a version for a desk top, if I could map out a route on my IMac and transfer the route to my phone or a flash drive, that would be awesome,
Great updates so far, loving the app!!
Amazing tool for professionals
I run heavy haul support as a safety escort vehicle. I'm often in the lead of convoys several trucks and escort cars long weighing more than 250K lbs on each trailer. needless to say, my attention needs to stay squarely focused on the road and keeping other motorists safe. with inroute, I can pre-plan a unique route required for each individual job. once programmed, I can save it, rename it, and store it for later use, including ability to share over text, email, and all social media services. this app has already proven its worth in the few thousand miles i've had it.
one feature I would like to see added in the future: ability to mark my location as the starting point, hit RECORD, allow the app to track and follow my movements in real time, and for me to set waypoints along the way. after i select a destination, Recording would stop and a new route would be shown on the map with the ability to edit and save. can't wait to see what new features are coming next, BUT THIS would be monumentally huge. thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 79.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro $4.99
- Route Planner Premium $4.99
- inRoute Pro $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.