TodoMovies is the best way to manage movies you want to watch/watched, create custom lists, and discover new movies. With gorgeous edge-to-edge posters and unique features like bonus scene indicators, cast profiles, release notifications, an Apple Watch app, and much more, you will experience movies like never before.
TodoMovies has been featured by Apple, Empire Magazine, 9to5Mac, AppAdvice, BeautifulPixels, and many others.
- Stunning design for iOS putting movie artwork front and center.
- To Watch and Watched lists. Keep a list of movies you watched and want to watch.
- Create custom movie lists (e.g "Best Action Movies of All Time" or "Movies to Download").
- Browse movies by Genres, In Theaters and Upcoming.
- Browse curated lists by the TodoMovies team like "Top 10 Best Netflix Originals Movies".
- Rate movies. Rate and sort your watched movies by rating.
- Cast profiles. Learn more about your favorite actors/directors and browse their movies.
- Bonus scenes indicators. Highlights movies with extra scenes during or after credits.
- Search-as-you-type. Search quickly tens of thousands of movies and people.
- Notifications. Automatically notifies you when a specific movie is released in theaters.
- Trailers. Watch movie trailers in HD (or SD) in fullscreen without leaving TodoMovies.
- Photos. Browse movie photos and amazing fan-made artwork in full-screen.
- News. Read movies and celebrity news with TodoMovies's sleek news reader.
- iTunes Store integration. Check available downloads in iTunes (soundtrack, games, books) for a certain movie. With a single tap.
- Gestures. Short/long right swipe in watch lists and search to quickly rate/mark movies.
- Sharing. Share movies you just added or watched on Facebook/Twitter/iMessage/Email.
- Localized in 11 languages. Supports global release dates and localized trailers (if available).
- Backup. Ability to backup your watchlists as a single file which you can later import.
- No accounts required. There are no accounts or signups required to use TodoMovies.
Attribution: This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Until It's Gone
To Do Movies is the best movie list platform I've seen since Jinni went offline. Exhaustive movie database, including an impressive catalog of indies, foreign films, old silents, and shorts. Although the number of lists you could have was limited, the list feature (as well as ratings) worked well. The Discovery feature could have been better - To Do lacked Jinni's versatility and relevance in searches and recommendations. But mostly good.
However, if you ever have to delete the app (say, if you periodically delete and reinstall apps to clear out storage space), say goodbye to any effort you've invested in tracking your movie watching in To Do. They don't have a login feature so nothig is tied to a profile and saved - it's 100% app data. I even tried "upgrading" which they claim lets you keep an unlimited number of lists (and theoretically a way of saving them) but could never get that function to work within the app. So every movie I've listed as Watched, Want to Watch, or rated within the better part of a year? Gone.
If To Do adds a functional account feature, I'll be back, but not until.
Super useful app and well designed
June 17, 2016 update: great update! Enjoying how this version remembers which tab you've last selected and uses that at the next launch of the app. Saves a tap!
Very well designed app that's extremely useful. Worth upgrading to support the developer and the bonus is the ads go away. Yes, you can backup your lists. I do that often and it's worth it in case something happens to your phone. Love the curated lists too - discovered some great movies thanks to them!
This app helps keep track of what you want to watch and what you have watched. It's simple but super useful. Yes, you could use the built in reminders app as I used to but that can take longer if you're not sure of the movie name or don't want to type it all out. This app will offer suggestions after typing just a bit of the title. Very stable, fast and beautifully designed!
So many movies. So little time.
When someone asks me what my favorite movie is or even when they ask about recent good movies I’ve seen, I always draw a blank. I’ve seen so many and I love so many that I almost can’t even remember any of them. I’m so glad that I found ToDo Movies. Over the past year I’ve been slowly adding all the movies I’ve ever seen as well as all the movies I want to see.
Now when I turn on a streaming service I have a go to place to figure out what to watch instead of trying to scroll endlessly through a collection of crappy movies to figure out what to watch. I scroll through my To Watch movies and it always helps me find something to watch. It also helps me wait until movies have reached Netflix, HBO, or Prime to watch them so that I don’t rack up a bunch of rental fees.
- Taphive GmbH
- 21.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Taphive GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Custom Lists and remove Ads $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.