Weather Informant allows streamlined access and push notification of all NOAA National Weather Service forecast, watches, advisories, warnings observations, statements and discussions from all 122 Weather Forecast Offices and six specialty centers. This is the only application that allows access to all NWS products. It is quite simply NWS in an app ! The redundant database processes approximately 19,500 products per day.
-All NOAA National Weather Service text forecasts, statements, discussions, observations, tables, matrices, collectives, watches, advisories and warnings
-Valid Time Event Code (VTEC) displayed for all hazard products
-View up to 72 hours of previous products (swipe)
-Identifies your local NWS office based on current location (GPS).
-Browse by individual NWS Office
-Browse by active hazard type
-Add favorites for any product
-Customized favorites by product type, NWS office and keyword search
-Enable push notification of any product favorite
- Customized alert sounds
-Favorite keywords are highlighted for easy viewing
-Pinch zoom or zoom in and out
- Hazards Around Me feature delivers active NWS watches & warnings specific to your current NWS zone based on your smartphone location (GPS).
- Hazards Around Me utilizes background location services to track your current NWS zone based on lat/long and send you hazard notifications that are relevant to your current location.*
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Weather graphics are displayed on applicable NWS products (SPC, WPC, NHC)
- Messages feature to inform about the last news related to the app
- Implementation of a premium feature subscription (In-app purchase)
- Added tutorial with detailed explanation of each feature
- Added settings for the date/time formats
- Added settings to see the products in UTC or local timezone
- Better integration with social media for sharing
- Pin offices for quick access
- Ability to favorite state-wide products
Ratings and Reviews
Going downhill fast
This was quite possibly my favorite weather app when I purchased it several years ago. Between the lack of support and the recent update which won’t allow me to restore my previous purchase, it is going to take a lot to re-establish its reputation.
Very nice Lee put together
As a blind person, knowing what the weathers going to do for me for traveling every day is an absolute necessity. I am pleased to say that this app accomplishes that all in one seamless app. VoiceOver works very well with this app, everything reads, buttons are properly labeled, and I can get around the app with no problems. I absolutely love when an app developer designs an app with Accessibility in mind right from the beginning, and this app developer has clearly done their job and done it very well.
This app is amazing. ANY product from ANY National Weather Service office or Storm Prediction Center can be pushed immediately to your device as soon as it is issued. The tech support is second to none if you have any questions or need help. With location services on this app can alert you of any weather alerts issued by the NWS for your current location.
- 911 Weather
- 61.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 911Weather
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.