FileBrowser for Business is an extended version of FileBrowser with enhanced security and control features for businesses large and small.
With FileBrowser for Business, users can benefit from direct and secure file access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on corporate networks. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
Office Apps Integration
- Use the document picker in MS Office apps to open files from network file servers, edit them and automatically save back.
- Access corporate file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Automatically synchronize network folders to your iPad/iPhone
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Stay connected to your files, wherever you are
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on corporate servers
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Confirm to corporate Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
FileBrowser uses the SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). This enables access to Macs, PCs, NAS drives, & Windows File Servers, including Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Clusters.
It can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Google Drive (including TeamDrive)
- WebDAV servers
- FTP servers
- SFTP servers
For fast friendly support please email email@example.com. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
This update is a bug fix release, with the following fixes
High-res photos will now be displayed with more detail.
Improvements when resolving DFS links to another server.
Prevents a crash when viewing particular PDF documents.
Ratings and Reviews
Best of the best
Interface, security, and options are what make this app a standout in its class. I bought this, and three other similar apps at the same time to try and solve my storage mess. After using all four, I can say this without a doubt is the most superior file browsing app on the market. I’ve tied in my iCloud, NAS, and four other cloud providers, which was kept me so much more organized than I’ve ever been before. Not to mention the time and multiple apps I’ve eliminated. The detail that went into every aspect of the app, the updates, and the developers website is truly exceptional. I even reached out to them via twitter, and the response was great. Can’t recommend this enough, thanks!
This app solves so many problems!
• Moving files around your phone from any app or folder when no other onboard means is available. (No need to hop files from app to app to get them where you need them.)
•The ability to create folders and organize a variety of file formats very easily.
• CORRECTLY reflecting contents of network drives and moving files between those and your phone.
• Making any file, from any app or drive, available to an iPhone flash drive. (Example - saving recorded GPS tracks to a flash drive, from the Gaia app, for Search Management to upload to their Search and Rescue software at base.)
• Eliminating the need for that stupid iTunes app.
But one has to ask... if FileBrowser Biz does all this so incredibly seamlessly, then why does Apple make it so hard/impossible to move anything around an iPhone and/or drives?!!
Does what Apple can’t (or won’t)
Apple is great ..mostly. They make great hardware (except possibly the 2018 iPad pros and how fragile they are) but they are their own worst enemy sometimes. iOS is not a computer operating system and the iPad is not a computer replacement no matter how fast the a12x ship is...why? too many software limitations!
If you’re not an apple sheep you know what I’m talking about. Well this app helps with some of that. It gets around some of those stupid restrictions about as well as you can.. like connecting to smb folder shares. It does an amazing job with that and quite a few other things.
Tbh is not for this app, I would have returned my iPad long ago.
Get it if you know what about which specific apple limitations I’m talking about and want to find a workaround. It’s the best at what it does — with less adamantium.
- 93.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.