5miles opened a new channel called 5miles Dash. It is a new auction feature that allows you to bid on brand new items.
- Auctions last 90 seconds and bids start at $1.
- Only pay when you win.
- Items are shipped directly to your door.
- If user is unsatisfied with a product, we offer buyer protection so you can request a refund.
- Claim up $22 Coupon package towards your first purchase.
5miles is the highest rated local marketplace app, helping you buy and sell stuff in your area. 5miles is free, easy, and safe and has facilitated more than $1 BILLION in local sales, helping 10 million happy users put money back in their pockets and find great products at great rates.
“5miles is the first to integrate local services into an app of this kind” - CNBC
“The 5miles app is a great way to sell old items AND to buy new things at a fraction of the cost they would be retail.” - Alicia Reneeg, BuzzFeed
“It’s better than Craigslist and it’s better than OfferUp with its attention to informative detail.” Catherine, 5miles buyer
With 5miles you can also discover great classifieds in your area, find a place to live, hire local services, or get a new job - all from the comfort of your phone.
It’s FREE to list items for sale and FREE to discover local goods and services, all within 5 miles.
• Snap a photo and offer up your items in seconds
• Use GPS and zip code to find thousands of listings nearby
• Make an offer by sending an in app chat message
• Free to boost your post to send it to the top of the feed
• Easy registration via Facebook or email
• Share your listings via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and Email
• Email, phone, and Facebook verifications
• Rate and read reviews of buyers and sellers
• Use our Safe Area Exchange Locator (SEAL) feature to find a secure meetup spot
• 5miles team constantly monitors listings and chats to keep fraud away
• 5miles doesn't share your information with anyone
• Don't want to meetup? Choose shipping for your exchange method
• Discover great stuff near and far by browsing photos
• Search and filter to find relevant listing
• Like items and follow sellers
• Make offers and get the best deals
• Chat to share more details, photos, and meeting spots
• Share listings to Facebook and Twitter to sell faster
Shop, make offers, and list items and services for free. It's like your own online garage sale without the hassle.
Find home cleaning, home repair, or home improvement professionals. Get help with chores or errands. Find a mover you can trust.
Looking for housing or a roommate? Find apartments, houses, and condos for rent or sale. Find a roommate to share your dream loft. Landlords, list your real estate in a snap!
Looking for work? Find jobs near you! Full-time, part-time, freelance jobs, or short gigs.
FREE for everyone.
Download now and discover great listings from the 5miles community. Are you ready to go shopping?
Want to find out more about us?
- Fix some bugs and crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Great market app !
Really and truly one of the greatest local market apps available . Can get good deals on everything from electronics to housewares . There is a feedback system so you can get an idea of who you are interacting . On a couple of my meet ups the other person mentioned that they were nervous about meeting up with cash to buy something. I’d recommend to those who are wary of meeting a “stranger” in public , pick a place like the DMV , a police station, or meet inside a store. Meet during daylight hours as opposed to nighttime, this way you could feel more secure about meeting up to trade . Don’t let the possible (if any) bad apples ruin the experience of using a market like this .
Quality of sellers has gone downhill
Used to love this app years ago and my experiences on it were largely positive but lately I have noticed a disturbing pattern: sellers are either putting up fake ads, don’t seem serious about selling or will leave conversations hanging in messages with no explanation or resolution. I see it happen on 5miles way more than I see on other apps. I use apps like offerup, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace and my experiences are much better at these other places. People on these other sites seem motivated to sell and will respond in a fairly timely manner and usually resolve the conversations whether it leads to a sale or not. I’m not sure why this trend of lazy, unmotivated or rude sellers on 5miles but it’s been happening way too much and so I wanted to share that on here. Not sure if 5miles can do anything about this disturbing trend but bottom line I think they should know how buyer experiences compare at other places. And no, I’m not low-balling sellers or being rude to them when I contact. It’s just a consistent pattern I have noticed these days that sellers on 5miles seem unmotivated and often leave conversations hanging way more than I have seen at other selling apps or websites.
I can’t 100% prove it but I get messages from people who have not been active in multiple days or weeks. I think the app is looking at products that are not selling well and it sends automated messages from inactive accounts. The messages are asking questions like “ Do you have more pictures?” I always have at least 5+ pictures in my listings. When I ask what other pictures they want there is never a response. They ask “Can you give me more information?” I over explain each of my products to make sure that there is no confusion later in the process. But again when I ask what other information they are looking for, no response. I get the question are they being sold as a group or individually and in the listing it says “I am pricing/selling them individually.” Shocker no response from them either. I have yet to sell anything on here because the couple times I have had real interest the people don’t show up or they are expecting me to deliver a $15 product 30 miles from my house for free. Use a different app this one doesn’t seem to have an ethical setup!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's always some disappointed for not getting a response from people who you thought to be a potential buyer. In this case, we would advise you to check if those messages were from the same people, if you feel being harassed, you can make a report by going the user's profile page, tap the three white dots on the right top corner and tap report. Our team would process it as soon as possible. Also if you need other assistance, please don't hesitate to send a message to email@example.com and we'd love to help. Again thanks for sharing the information. :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Third Stone Holdings Limited
- 145.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © The Third Stone Holding Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.