Please note: On iOS 14, Burstio only works properly if you allow permissions to see All Photos instead of selected ones.
Burstio converts burst photos taken with the built-in Camera app into videos or GIFs.
Featured on Lifehacker, CNET, Product Hunt and other websites.
IMPORTANT: Compatible devices are iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air 2 and later.
• Play a burst sequence as a regular video
• Trim the burst sequence to preferred frames
• Set playback speed — slow down or increase the frame rate (0.25–3.0x)
• Set playback direction — forward, reversed, back and forth
• Export as video or GIF to your Photo Library
• Share with friends or just keep it
• Video resolution: Full HD (1080p) or HD (720p) without cropping (adjusted width)
• Video format: QuickTime (.mov)
• GIF resolution: Large (640p) or Small (320p)
• Audio is not included with burst photos
• Requires burst photos stored in your Camera Roll
"A picture is worth a thousand words – a burst can tell a story behind."
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Playback speed completely redesigned
• Sharing GIF to Twitter or Messenger works as you would expect it
• Latest export is stored in iTunes File Sharing
More delightful experience:
• Less vertical spacing between list rows
• Repeat option turned on by default
• Continue listening to music without interruption while you preview exported video
• Familiar video length format and file size information
• Animation, layout and performance enhancements
Love or hate? Every review counts.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to your App Store review. If you have an issue with the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Broken in iOS 14
App was great, but no longer works in iOS 14 — due to the changes that Apple made related to photos permissions. Now, when you select one of your photo bursts, it will instead only import a single one of those photos, so you end up with a single-frame GIF. 🤷🏻♂️ App needs to be updated.
Developer Response ,
Hi Steve, with iOS 14, the app is unable to fetch burst photos when you give permissions only to selected photos. If you allow permissions in Settings - Burstio - Photos - All Photos, the app will be able to search for bursts. You don't have to worry about your privacy. All photos are processed only on your device, we don't collect any data.
Easy to use
After using 2 other burst apps, this app was a breath of fresh air ... The other app either crashed or the interface was horrible ... This app was simple to use ... Highly recommended ... A few features for updates that the other apps had was export at full image res (not really a necessity but would allow for cropping without loss of res), deselect specific frames, and I haven't seen this implemented yet but it'd be cool to be able to select a portion to yoyo instead of yoyoing the entire burst ... Still a great app because it works and is easy to use ... Thank you!
Way too much fun
Burstio makes it too easy to spend hours trying different speeds and directions to make gifs and movies for Instagram and my friends. If I had one wish it would be to be able to create from manually added frames (sometimes one or two of the frames from a burst is too blurry or misfired) but I love it as it is!
The developer, Michal Kos, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michal Kos
- 23 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Martin & Michal
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.