Chess Prime 3D is one of the best designed 3D chess games for the iPad / iPhone. It provides learning support for novice players, a real challenge for the experienced players and fun. Swipe in any of four directions to view the board from any angle and play the chess game in 3D / 2D.
Chess Prime 3D supports both ‘one player’ and ‘two player’ game play, so you can play online with your friends or with millions of players around the world, or against a challenging computer opponent with adjustable difficulty level.
Master your chess skills by solving hundreds chess puzzles. You can use hints if you get stuck.
You can even edit the board and start the game from any predefined position. That allows you to test your skills in different game phases, common positions, solve chess puzzles, etc. Also you can save your game and then re-load it anytime you want.
If you are a novice player you may take advantage of the feature that shows all legal moves for the current piece.
-The full list of features:-
• Excellent 3D graphics, sound effects and music
• Configurable player names
• Option to change the piece’s and board color
• Option to play in 2D
• Great AI engine with a flexible difficulty level that suits both novice players and experts
• 200 ‘Mate in 2’ / ‘Mate in 3’ puzzles with stats, rewards and hints.
• LIVE CHESS - invite your friends and play online. Or just play with a random player. Three difficulty levels, four time control settings, rating system, statistics and more. Confirm your move before submitting. Communication options - In-Game Chat, Rematch, Undo Move, Offer Draw, Resign, Postpone Match.
• Versatile openings: Chess Prime AI engine plays like a human, not as a computer that always chooses the same move at the same position. It gives you an opportunity to play different famous openings to gain extensive experience in chess
• SETUP game: Start the game from any predefined position with any number of pieces
• UNDO function if you accidentally hit wrong piece or square. It works even if your king is checkmated
• REDO function if you missed the opponent’s move. Just press EYE button and Chess Prime will show you the last opponent’s move
• SAVE / LOAD feature gives you an opportunity to finish the game later or to play the chess puzzle which you can setup in the “Setup Game” module
• CENTER function to align the board to the center
• Option to show the LEGAL MOVES for current piece (very useful for novice players)
• Option to ROTATE the board in ‘two player’ mode
• Option to change the perspective angle, adjust the piece size, rotate knights
• Help button with instructions for En Passant capture / Castling (activated automatically)
• Option to limit ‘think time’ in ‘one player’ mode to 5, 15 or 30 seconds
• Option to switch on / off sound effects and / or music. You can listen to own music when these options are switched off
• Automatically saves the current state of the game, so the game state would be automatically restored if you quit the application
• Universal app (supports iPad / iPod touch / iPhone)
If you love playing chess in portrait mode and in 2D, then download and try out our Chess Prime app!
Bug fixes and UI improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I play this site everyday it’s ok the gaming is good but there are consistent flaws! Sometimes you’ll make a move and then 10 seconds later you’re time will go down and u have to exit the game and redo the move but the time is still off then when your opponent runs outta time sometimes he will still get to make a move and the gane doesn’t end and then your time will go while the gane is loading! Two other things when I register for a game it takes a while to get an opponent and finally there have been at least ten games I have won and my taming didn’t up grade! It’s kinda stupid tbh when the reason I play on this site is to achieve a higher ranking because my stats actually are important to me! So over all the site is pretty good but those flaws getting fixed would make the app way better!
Ads are ridiculous ruins the game.
For some reason these developers thought that a quiet game of chess should involve loud music (which can easily be turned off) and very loud advertisements that will always play loud and when you attempt to exit the adds it is just clicking you to another advertisement. Would be a good game and worth a couple of pop up ads here and there but they have gone overboard so I will probably delete the game and there is no way I will pay them to remove the advertisements after the useless and annoying advertisements they’ve already made me suffer through.
While a appreciate your timely yet somewhat patronizing response I will add that my complaint is not with the ads. It is with the developer who programmed ads that play at full volume despite the fact I disabled the sounds for the game. If you’d like people to pay you or play your game you might attempt to make the ads bearable and not make people phone the center of attention while trying to play a game in public by ridiculous loud ads. Lots of other developers have figured this out so maybe call and ask how they accomplished this great feat of programming
Developer Response ,
Hi Alexatl44, the game is free for you with FULL functionality, but not free for developers. If you don't want to see the ads, you have an option to remove ads by upgrading to Pro version.
EDIT: We appreciate your additional notes about volume of ads, and will investigate. Different developers/apps use different Ad providers. Not all ad providers give the option to control ad's volume, so often there is no other choice than to control that by hardware (device) settings. I (as a user) always turn off hardware sounds when I plan to use some app with ads, without relying on chance of ability to control the ads volume by app. If you have additional details please contact us directly, it will help make this app better for everyone.
3D Chess Rocks
I am not much of a gamer but this chess game is freakin kewl. I am totally addicted to this game. The game works flawlessly(is that a word?). The ad banner on top is not bad for a free game. I have seen much worse. I really like the back and check your moves functions. Changing color is also nice. The spin and bring the board to normal buttons are another great feature. I haven't played much chess over the years but having this ap changed that for sure. Kudos to the creators. The music is about the only thing I might of had an issue with but that is only because I am a musician, its not that bad and you can always turn it off, another nice feature. I like playing against the computor, it has taught me to play again. Hey tanx for listening. Peace love light and harmony........olaf
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Anton Vinokurov
- 63.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Anton Vinokurov
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.