With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album or group of videos or images and iMovie will create a video for you—no video editing required—with titles, transitions, and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change up the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos right into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder, and delete clips as needed to organize and customize your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, color palettes, and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust, and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimized for Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
• Apply four new dynamic styles that include title layouts, fonts, filters, color palettes and music to Magic Movie or Storyboard movies
• Fixes an issue where media from a Photos album would be placed in non-chronological order in a Magic Movie project
• Fixes an issue in which Magic Movie and Storyboard movies in the viewer would not appear on external displays during playback
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s pretty good.
I like iMovie. It’s a good and simple editing system that is really fun to use. But, there are a few things that I wish would change. First of all, the space it takes up. I don't know if there is anything you can do about this, but whenever I record little snippets for a movie, they save to my photos. And I hate that! And to make it worse, when I delete them, I can’t watch that part I filmed in the movie cause I deleted it. And yes, I know. There is something you can do about it. You finish the movie, save to photos, then you can delete all the snippets from your photos. But I wish I didn’t have to do that. I just wish it didn’t add it to my photos in general. Second, the trailers. I wish there was a bit more freedom to the trailers. The app chooses everything for you. You get to pick the topic and everything, but I wish there was more. I don’t like how iMovie chooses the music, how long the clips have to be, and how long the trailer is in the first place. I don’t usually write reviews, but this app deserved one. Other than some of my complaints, this was a really good app. Everything is free and available, there are more editing possibilities, and it looks very professional. Again, if there’s anything you can do about my complaints, I would do it. I feel like these are common complaints and you would get more buyers if you fixed or changed them. Thanks!
I have played it before but I tots love IT###$&@%🍩💓💓
So I played this game before and I’ve seen it before it’s just for some reason it’s uinstalled I’ve already made some but my two favorites are $###tik###$ and $###tok###$what are I love about this game is usually in some edit games they are ads but none in this game! Those two that I said I made them today and they look really aesthetic and pretty anime so you should really install the game it’s a really good one for animating if you don’t like ads and if your mom doesn’t like paying for stuff lol and how I did it was I got this wallpaper app I took some of the pictures from it and I made it into a little video and it’s really cool and what I like about it is that you can record music which is really great it’s just if there’s sound behind it it sounds super weird so you got to tell like your parents to be quiet or something on the tik one I had to re-record it so many times because my mom was making noise so if everything is really quiet that actually won’t happen on tok I had to do it like twice or like three times It didn’t take long because my mom was in my bedroom and there wasn’t any noise. So you should really get this app it’s a really fun one I’ve had it before and if it’s the uinstalls go onto the App Store find iMovie and just press the cloud with an a little arrow and it will reinstall and everything will be all better and anyways this is really long so it’s OK if you skip to another rate OK bye!!!!!!!
Perfect For Everyone.❤️ But one recommendation.
So I love this app. I’ve been using it for a few weeks and I can create some really cool stuff. I’ve been getting more advanced with the editing, and I love everything it can do. You can put text, backgrounds, photos, you name it. My only problem is the music. I have seen some awesome clips and they all have good music. The songs on here don’t have words (from what I’ve seen) and I’ve been really wanting to create a clip with popular songs. This app is much better then other editing apps I’ve seen, it’s simple and easy to use, beginners won’t find it confusing. (I didn’t.) Just play around a little bit, and you’ll soon figure it out. It also has more advanced stuff. So many different options here, and it’s all easy to use! I’m on an IPhone, and I haven’t had the storage or lag problems other people talk about. On a computer it is a bit more complicated, but if you are looking for complex editing I recommend using that. The trailers are also amazing. You have so many different options, and it looks so cool and professional! Overall, super simple and easy to use, perfect for anything! Hope this review helped you, and it would be amazing if the developers could add more to the music! If you are an expert editor or you just want to experiment, this app is perfect for everyone!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 594.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.