Work more effectively towards your social inferencing goals in speech and language therapy. Help children and adults with social communication difficulties and/or autism improve their ability to make social inferences. The best way to improve is by using real social inferencing photos and scenarios.
- Get a speech therapy tool that helps older children, teens and adults recognise facial expressions, body language and understand clues from the context in order to make a social inference
- Improve expressive language, social skills, thinking and reasoning by using this speech therapy app
- Create the right experience for each speech therapy client by choosing a social inferencing activity that matches their level
"When working with older students or adults, Inference Pics is a fantastic solution that offers flexibility and ease of use ... while there are many options for apps out there, this stands out to help clients with important inferencing skills" Dan Fitch, CCC-SLP
"My clients love this app, and I love using it with them. It's my go to when working on social inferencing, understanding emotions and working on expressive language" Hannah O'Driscoll, CCC-SLP
SEE HOW HELPFUL INFERENCE PICS CAN BE - Download the Lite version for FREE
Finding interesting and engaging social inferencing photos and scenarios is surprisingly hard even for speech language pathologists / speech and language therapists. Think of this social inferencing app as your helper, taking the pressure out of finding suitable social inferencing photos and scenarios for use in speech therapy sessions.
WHAT SOCIAL INFERENCING ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN INFERENCE PICS?
Inference Pics has 7 social inferencing activities: What has happened?, Jobs, Places, Seasons, Feelings, Conversations and Thoughts.
CHOOSE A SOCIAL INFERENCING ACTIVITY. Tailor your client’s experience by choosing an activity that matches their level. For example, Jobs, Places and Seasons are easier social inferencing activities while Thoughts and Conversations are more complex.
ASK THE FIRST QUESTION. The first question will vary depending on the chosen activity. It asks the user to make a social inference e.g. What has happened? How are they feeling? etc. For example, in the Conversations activity, the first question is always “What are they saying?” Help the child or adult user to form well-shaped answers.
ASK THE SECOND QUESTION. The second question in each social inferencing activity is “How can you tell?”. Encourage the user to find all the clues in the picture and provide verbal explanations when needed.
WHO IS INFERENCE PICS FOR?
- Speech language pathologists / Speech and language therapists
- Children with language delay, social communication difficulties, autism
- Adults with cognitive-communication difficulties due to stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Adults with social communication difficulties and/or autism
Inference Pics is intended for use with a parent, teacher or speech language pathologist and a child or adult user. It is designed to be interactive.
WHAT SKILLS DOES INFERENCE PICS TARGET?
- Expressive language
- Social skills, thinking and reasoning
- Social inferencing
- Recognising facial expressions, body language
- Understanding emotions
- Reading comprehension
Inference Pics includes:
- Over 300 high-quality real-life social inferencing photos with 2 questions per photo
- User profiles
- Questions that prompt inferential reasoning
- Choice to show or hide possible answers
- Result summary that can be emailed
- Results tracking and inbuilt storage
- No subscriptions, no monthly bills, no Wi-Fi needed
Inference Pics is perfect for treating higher-level expressive language skills, cognitive-communication, pragmatic and social communication difficulties.
Looking for a different kind of speech therapy app? Find our complete speech therapy app range and app bundles on our website: (www.aptus-slt.com)
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Scam! Only 70 photos!
Description says over 300 photos. Expensive, but thought I would get a lot of content. Only 70 photos! What a scam!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. I don't understand why you think the app only has 70 photos. I can assure you that Inference Pics does have over 300 photos. If you use the app more you will find lots of activities and a large variety of photos. Please send any other feedback you might have to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Many thanks
- Aptus Speech and Language Therapy Limited
- 206.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Aptus Speech and Language Therapy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.