Welcome to inkl, the world's best news app.
inkl delivers the most important stories, from the most trusted publishers, in a beautiful ad-free experience, all with one single subscription.
Start your 7-day trial membership, and you'll have access to Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal*, Foreign Policy, The Guardian, The Economist, The Independent, and more.
We're changing how you read the news. Here's how:
• ONE SUBSCRIPTION FEE: We know good news should be valued, but also know you don't want to manage multiple subscriptions. inkl gives you the world's best publishers with one simple subscription.
• NO ALGORITHMS: Our news is curated by a team of editors. You see what's important, not what an algorithm wants you to read.
• NO ADS: You'll never see an ad in inkl.
• NO PAYWALLS: An inkl membership unlocks articles from 50+ publishers so you’ll never run into another paywall.
• DIVE DEEPER: inkl shows you multiple perspectives on every story.
• RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY: No third-party can see what you read.
• GOOD NEWS: Everyone needs a dose of good news, so we curate a selection of positive stories for you every day.
• SERENDIPITY: inkl’s curated ‘Our Picks’ section helps you discover the weird and wonderful stories beyond your news bubble.
• PERSONALISATION: Our ‘For You’ feature keeps you across the stories that matter most to you.
About inkl memberships purchased the within inkl app:
• Membership subscriptions renew monthly, and you'll see this appear in your iTunes account as 'inkl - the world's best news, Monthly Subscription'
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account on confirmation of purchase
• Your membership subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Membership subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a membership subscription
* Please note The Wall Street Journal is only available to readers based outside the US.
For full terms and conditions please visit: https://www.inkl.com/terms.
Performance improvements and various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great news app!
This was the news app I’ve been wanting! It’s straight forward and easy to use without all the clickbait and random ads littering the page. You can customize what sources you want to receive news from and make your own tags to follow stories that are more topic specific. I’m still in my free trial, but the content and the app are good enough to make me seriously consider buying a subscription. I was a bit deterred by the subscription price per month being $10, in comparison with apps like Reuters and even Apple News, which are free for the most part. But for some new sources like The Washington Post and The Economist you need to have a subscription to their specific periodical to gain access to certain content. I can see how the $10 inkl price could be worth it in that regard. One flat fee per month for access to all those periodicals except WSJ and Barron’s (which i don’t read anyway).
The news app for objective readers
Never thought I would write a review for a paid news app, but INKL is exceptional! Well curated news from sources with a history of strong objective reporting. Just read a superior
article from Foreign Policy journal that I would have missed without this app. This app also helps you to dig down in a subject. The good news feature is great also. My only “complaint” is I wish there was an option to switch to black on white type
Developer Response ,
Our team loved reading this review! Thanks for the shining five stars.
You can change to black type over white by switching to Day Mode in the inkl app. Just tap Settings > Reading Mode > Day. (You can always email us at email@example.com if you have any trouble).
We'd love to give you an inkl gift to share with a friend (ahem, 100 free articles). If you'd like to redeem this, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of the rest. Happy reading!
About to finish the trial of this news app. I use Apple’s News app regularly so that is my basis of comparison. Inkl’s strength supposedly is that their articles are curated by humans from a wide variety of reputable media sources. If this is true, then the human’s must work part-time and only on on weekends because the articles do not feel refreshed nearly as quickly as News. Also, News gives me much fresher news but constant updates through the day from sources , like Inkl, that I can choose including any current subscriptions. Inkl’s UI is also a bit clunky and I didn’t really enjoy using it as much. A lot of potential but I’ll take News over this throughout everyday of the week.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review.
The feedback we usually get is quite the opposite of what you have shared, so we'd love to learn more. We're particularly curious about your comments on our content update frequency and UI.
We're on a mission to make inkl the world's best news experience, so we'd love to hear from you and understand and address the issues you've raised. We're at email@example.com. Thanks for trying inkl.
- Inkl Pty Ltd
- 73.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 inkl Pty. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $9.99
- inkl + The Wall Street Journal $17.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.