iRig Recorder LE 4+
Record, edit, post audio/video
IK Multimedia US, LLC
- Offers In-App Purchases
Now compatible with iRig Pro Quattro I/O!
iRig Recorder 3 LE is a flexible and easy-to-use audio and video recording app for iPhone or iPad. Use its recording, editing and export features to create and share great sounding audio and video while on the go.
iRig Recorder is extremely simple to use: click on the “record” button at the bottom of the screen to immediately start recording. To capture and monitor video, simply click on the camera icon then tap record.
But don’t let the streamlined design fool you… iRig Recorder is a full-fledged, professional audio and video recorder. You can edit audio waveforms, optimize volume automatically, and share your recordings in many different ways. It offers a wide range of creative and professional effects via in-app purchase, but even the free version is a robust tool for capturing and editing on the go.
iRig Recorder is also Inter-App Audio and AudioBus compatible, so you can use other apps like AmpliTube or VocaLive when capturing audio or video, for even more flexibility.
Want to add a reference marker to your audio? No worries! iRig Recorder lets you add photo and text markers that can be applied in real time or in the editing timeline for quick access to important content.
iRig Recorder is the perfect companion to IK Multimedia’s full line of digital microphones and audio interfaces for iPhone and iPad. Use iRig Recorder with an IK microphone or interface and you'll have everything you need to get that Hollywood-style stereo sound — iRig Recorder automatically activates the stereo option whenever a stereo recording interface is connected.
Once you've captured your audio, you can use iRig Recorder’s intuitive editing tools to cut, crop or loop it. You can even do Waveform editing, using 16 studio-quality effects (via in-app purchase) to optimize sound for speech, clean up background noise, increase clarity and presence, change speed without altering the pitch, apply creative effects, fades and a whole lot more.
iRig Recorder organizes your recordings by date and time and also tags them with geolocation for easy and reliable file management. You can now share your audio and video files via Airdrop, Messages, DropBox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud or iTunes File Sharing in a variety of sizes and formats.
iRig Recorder 3 LE features:
• Convenient, easy-to-use stereo audio and video mobile recording and editing app
• Completely redesigned, streamlined elegant interface
• Perfect companion for all IK Multimedia microphones and mobile audio interfaces
• One-touch recording/capture with real-time monitoring
• Landscape and portrait mode
• Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools: cut, crop and loop your recordings
• Waveform editing
• Text and Photo marker support with real time application
• Voice optimization effect included free, with 15 additional intelligent processors available via in-app purchase — Clean up, Brighten Voice, Smooth Voice, Speed Up, Speed Down, Pitch Shift, Morph, Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Normalize, Compressor, Stereo Imager, 3-Band EQ, Fade, Optimize Tone
• Organize your recordings by creation date and geolocation tags
• Export files as compressed .m4a, with uncompressed .wav export available via in-app purchase
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus Support
• Audio Copy/Paste
• Paid version also available
For more information:
What’s New in v3.0.4
- Added support for multi-channel audio interfaces
- Updated export method to utilize “open in” share functionality
- Added an option that allows changing the sort order of recordings
- Updated to latest Audiobus version
- General reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Do NOT depend on this app
Trying to record something that matters? Find an alternative to this app. Any tiny interruption will not only end the recording, but delete anything that was already recorded. This can be things like running out of storage, hitting the lock button, or even accidentally touching the bar at the bottom to go to the Home Screen. No matter how long you’ve been recording, these actions will completely wipe away that session. So, I must repeat, find an alternative if you don’t want to run the risk of losing your audio.
This glaring flaw is the chief amongst many lesser issues:
- difficult to understand navigation through the app
- sync between audio and video slowly deteriorates the longer a recording goes (it seems to be about 1/2 second of slippage every 30 minutes of recording)
- the most basic tools are locked behind a paywall even though I paid $100 for the interface to begin with
- the list goes on
Developers: Please update your app for 2022, as I’m actively looking for alternatives.
Not Working Anymore
I’m not sure if this had anything to do with the new IOS 16 update but I can’t even hear myself playing on the app. I can only hear what I played after I record it. This app use to work just fine. Now it even speeds my videos up when I listen back to them. Please fix this !
Needs better sorting/searching
This app badly needs to have better functionality for sorting and saving. What person remembers what they did by date from a month ago?
The recourse is to pick through days until you find the date that contains the file you named your demo under. Every other recording app does this better.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- All Functionalities Bundle $14.99
- High Quality File Export $3.99
- Processors Bundle $7.99
- PRO Bundle $14.99
- Waveform Editing $4.99
- Creative Bundle $4.99
- Fading $0.99