Usage questions? ***Please contact us before posting an issue in the reviews.***
Peterson Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
TRUSTED BY PROFESSIONALS FOR OVER 70 YEARS.
---iStroboSoft for iOS---
Peterson Strobe Tuners' popular StroboSoft tuning application for the iPod touch® and iPhone™. iStroboSoft™ offers the unmatched accuracy of a mechanical strobe tuner for the highest degree of precision available in a software tuning application.
Plug in and tune your electrics and acoustics quickly and easily with 1/10th cent accuracy.
Peterson Tuners has offered tuning solutions for over 65 years and is the only company specializing in hardware and software tuning products for all levels of musicians.
• Stand-by mode to reduce battery usage or freeze the display.
• Guided Mode Tuning offers an alternate strobe display that slows the strobe bands one-by-one as you come closer to tune.
• Speed control for strobe display; dampen the response for a longer note display.
• 12 Temperaments with adjustable root control.
• Display all sharps note display.
• Assisted Low Note Detection (ALND) helps capture very low frequencies.
• Mains hum filter option reduces the chances of the tuner latching on to 50 or 60Hz cycle hum when using a direct line-in connection or while using the app during device charging.
• Smooth, real-time strobe display allows you to achieve an unmatched level of accuracy.
• Note/Octave window displays the correct note and octave for the note being tuned.
• Cents display allows you to see how far out of tune your note is in cent values.
• Tune in auto or manual mode.
• Toggle the display to show: cents, Hz, MIDI note value for the note being tuned.
• Glowing flat/sharp indicators assist when tuning a note very far from the target position.
• Noise filter: Use the noise filter when utilizing an external mic or clip-on tuning device to help reduce the effect of extraneous environmental noise during tuning.
• Input boost: The input boost will raise all input frequencies by +24dB.
• Calibration mode: iStroboSoft can be calibrated to an external source guaranteeing 1/10th cent accuracy.
• Drop/Capo mode: iStroboSoft will auto-transpose notes up or down to one full octave.
• Adjustable Concert A: Change the Concert A reference of the tuner to accommodate tuning to a fixed instrument, such as a piano, or tune instruments that do not utilize the typical Western A440 reference.
• Full screen mode permits the strobe display to be maximized on screen to allow better viewing from a distance.
• Change strobe display colors to accommodate different lighting environments or set a preferred user color for those with limited color palette recognition.
Use the built-in mic on your device for tuning or connect directly via the headphone jack using an approved adaptor cable or interface.
Devices without a headphone jack can connect a pickup or mic using the lightning-to-audio adaptor.
Optional adaptor cable for direct line-in access as well as mini capsule microphone available from Peterson.
Support via email at: email@example.com or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
fix a bug introduced in last release that broke access to some settings items.
Ratings and Reviews
All Of These Positive Reviews Are Accurate.
This iStroboSoft tuner was the first paid app I installed on my first iPhone back in 2009 after learning about it via a very talented music producer who was the engineer at Dub Narcotic Studio in Olympia Washington. He used the iStrobosoft tuner to tune all of the instruments we used on some recording sessions there, all the while heaping praises on this supposedly incredibly accurate strobe tuner he had on his iPhone. At the time, the concept of professional quality studio gear on a phone was foreign to me, and a fairly new concept in general. Honestly back then the whole concept of apps on phones, let alone paying 10 bucks for an app on a phone, was a new concept in general. But after a week of working with my friend in the studio and witnessing the accuracy of the iStrobosoft tuner - as well as enjoying its beautiful interface - downloading and paying for this app was the first thing I did when I got my first iPhone a few weeks later. I have used it exclusively ever since, and it has been worth every penny. Peterson makes some of the best strobe tuners out there, and the price on such hardware can run in the thousands of dollars, so having access to that same Peterson quality in an affordable iPhone app is priceless!
BEST TUNER, Just GET IT!
Finnally a tuner that does not flash and jump around and leave you gussing. So easy to slow down the strobe. Makes so much sense to pluck a string and let it resonate while the string is tuned. Very sensitive using my iPad Pro. Having cents show is a great feedback that further increases confidence. I've found the string's tuning jumps a few cents after letting go of the tuner. Easy to get use to and anticipate so you end up with tuining within fractions of cents. Also, never made sense to bang away at the string to keep the volume loud enough for my old clip on, or in line tuners. Not using a pick was a piece of information that didn't jump out at me. My local luther had made a comment that my guitar was tuned sharp. I had tuned my brand new guitar with a pick before heading to the luther.
Simply the best.
This tuner is incredible. It has helped me set the intonation on all 5 of my guitars with a degree of accuracy I could have never imagined. And for $10. It’s a no brained. Buy the app, you won’t regret it. I recommend the guitar tuning sweetener as well. Finally, if you want this tuner to preform like it’s in a lab spring for the adapter cable. You can plug your guitar directly into the phone (gotta use that stupid dongle) and it will take all the extraneous noise out of the act of tuning your guitar. Along with the money spent on the app, the $13 for the adapter was money well spent. I don’t care how good your sense of pitch is, this app, especially with the the adapter, is simply better.
- Peterson Strobe Tuners
- 7.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Peterson Electro-Musical Products, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Guitar & Bass Sweeteners $5.99
- Tuning Tools $9.99
- Harmonic Tuning $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.