Music Notation is easy and fun when you use iWriteMusic!
Have you ever been frustrated by Music Notation Apps because
“They are too complicated to learn?" or “It takes forever to finish writing?” We've been challenging to resolve those issues since we started making iWriteMusic in 2010.
Check out 8 reasons to choose iWriteMusic SE (Special Edition)
1. You can understand this app almost instantly!
Because of Truly Intuitive and Extremely Simple user interface, you barely need to read pages of manuals nor watching numbers of instruction videos. You just have a few things to learn to be able to use this app pretty well.
2.Double your productivity with our Highly Efficient Input System.
If you’re already familiar with notation apps and looking for faster & more efficient entry system, try our innovative One-Flick Entry System along with Traditional Entry System to get your job done in no time!
What is Traditional Entry System?
- The choices will appear with ToolBox.
- Select a value and the location separately.
- Recommended to those who are not yet familiar with any music notation apps.
What is OneFlick Entry System?
- The choices will appear when you touch the screen.
- Select a location and the value at once.
- The selection will change as you slide your finger to left/right.
- Recommended to those who are familiar with music notation apps and looking for faster and more efficient entry system.
3. Creates beautiful sheet music
- absolutely professional quality!
- rich options for page layout adjustment
- easy parts creation
- easy score/parts management
- direct print-out via AirPrint
4. Supports most of major notation elements
- multi-track writing
- multi-voice writing
- percussion/drums notation
- chord symbols and lyrics
- multi-bar rest
- time change
- key change
- clef change
- tempo change
- grace note
- articulations and dynamics marks
- easy song transpose
- partial transpose
and many more!
5. Useful playback options for practice
- mixer with solo, mute and voice select
- loop and swing options
6. Data & sheet music sharing
- exports/Imports iWriteMusic data file
- exports PDF or JPG
- exports Standard MIDI
7. Extremely Compact Size (15 MB)
You can save your device storage space
for photos and other apps.
8. Best of all, it's Free!
Yes, it's Free and more than 600,000 people all over the world has created music with this app. What are you waiting for?
Version 3.0 supports:
- Slide Over (on capable iPads only)
- Split View (on capable iPads only)
- adaption to bigger screen
- redesigned navigation
- built-in keyboard + One Flick entry
- iCloud access (new for Free versions)
- customizable favorite tools
- improved One Flick entry
- improved score/parts management
- improved page layout settings
- x/16 time signature
- 64th note/rest
- more mixed triplets
- The response of playbacks and drawing may vary and may be limited depends on the device capability, numbers of tracks and the apps running in background.
Limitations on SE (Special Edition):
- Water mark appears on page views and printouts.
- Can't export Standard MIDI file.
- Can't import iWriteMusic data file. (export only)
- Can’t save more than 5 songs.
Fixed playback issue with Slide Over / Split View.
Fixed other minor bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
It just needs better sound. If it had better sound, I’d never use anything else.
Most important app I own
I have used this app for 4 years and it has saved me countless hours in transcribing music. It covers nearly every conceivable musical notation and is easy to use. I play the flute in a church choir and I have over 200 pieces of music in the app. The developers have been extremely responsive when I’ve had a question about using the app.
Great for light music writing!
I am a private lesson teacher. All I want to do with a music notation app is to write some short etudes and pop music dictation to motivate my students to practice more. There is another $15 music notation app in the market, but that one is just way too fancy for my need-- I am not writing a symphonic poem, I don't need London Symphony Orchestra plying my writing for me. I am not even sure my 16 GB iPad Mini has enough space for that app to run properly. Iwritemusic is just right for me. The playback is not great, I have to be honest, but all I need from the playback feature is to make sure I wrote everything correctly. As long as it plays the pitches I wrote, I am willing to give up tone quality for memory space. My only problem is that I haven't found a way to insert a tie to connect the last note in the first ending to the first note in the beginning of the repeat. Other than this I am very happy with this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.