Music Notation is easy and fun when you use iWriteMusic!
Have you ever been frustrated by Music Notation Apps because
“They are too complicated to learn?" or “It takes forever to finish writing?” We've been challenging to resolve those issues since we started making iWriteMusic in 2010.
Check out 8 reasons to choose iWriteMusic SE (Special Edition)
1. You can understand this app almost instantly!
Because of Truly Intuitive and Extremely Simple user interface, you
barely need to read pages of manuals nor watching numbers of instruction videos. You just have a few things to learn to be able to use this app pretty well.
2.Double your productivity with our Highly Efficient Input System.
If you’re already familiar with notation apps and looking for faster & more efficient entry system, try our innovative One-Flick Entry System along with Traditional Entry System to get your job done in no time!
What is Traditional Entry System?
- The choices will appear with ToolBox.
- Select a value and the location separately.
- Recommended to those who are not yet familiar with any music notation apps.
What is OneFlick Entry System?
- The choices will appear when you touch the screen.
- Select a location and the value at once.
- The selection will change as you slide your finger to left/right.
- Recommended to those who are familiar with music notation apps and looking for faster and more efficient entry system.
3. Creates beautiful sheet music
- absolutely professional quality!
- rich options for page layout adjustment
- easy parts creation
- easy score/parts management
- direct print-out via AirPrint
4. Supports most of major notation elements
- multi-track writing
- multi-voice writing
- percussion/drums notation
- chord symbols and lyrics
- multi-bar rest
- time change
- key change
- clef change
- tempo change
- grace note
- articulations and dynamics marks
- easy song transpose
- partial transpose
and many more!
5. Useful playback options for practice
- mixer with solo, mute and voice select
- loop and swing options
6. Data & sheet music sharing
- exports/Imports iWriteMusic data file
- exports PDF or JPG
- exports Standard MIDI
7. Extremely Compact Size (15 MB)
You can save your device storage space
for photos and other apps.
8. Best of all, it's Free!
Yes, it's Free and more than 600,000 people all over the world has created music with this app. Let's start yours right now!
Note: This is for iPhone (iPad version sold separately)
Version 3.0 supports:
- Slide Over (on capable iPads only)
- Split View (on capable iPads only)
- adaption to bigger screen
- redesigned navigation
- built-in keyboard + One Flick entry
- iCloud access (new for Free versions)
- customizable favorite tools
- improved One Flick entry
- improved score/parts management
- improved page layout settings
- x/16 time signature
- 64th note/rest
- more mixed triplets
- The response of playbacks and drawing may vary and may be limited depends on the device capability, numbers of tracks and the apps running in background.
Limitations on SE (Special Edition):
- Water mark appears on page views and printouts.
- Can't export Standard MIDI file.
- Can't import iWriteMusic data file. (export only)
- Can’t save more than 5 songs.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Lost lots of work
The app is easy to use, but mind that it’ll crash and leave you with however much work you neglected to save totally gone.
After using this app for about two years, I’ve come to bypass most inconsistencies in this app just by pure habits like spamming save every 5 minutes but along with that, I’ve gained enough patience with this app to work on songs that I’d listen to and I’ve been able to make good covers with it as well but this app could still use a lot of work with presentation and maybe even adding more samples (?) lots of stuff I’d like to try and replicate is ruined due to the lack of style from instruments but that’s usually very specific. Still works and once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty ok. Personally wouldn’t say it’s worth buying the Full Version due to the lack of updates so far but you can take a video of songs you make and delete them. Also a trick I learned is that you can temporarily have a 6th song by just adding it but after a while, you won’t be able to save or work on anything so that’s just like a temporary test to see if you’d like to commit to a new song. Good luck! -J
CRASHES A LOT
I made a whole arrangment (luckily it was saved or I would be very angry) and it keeps crashing. I can’t go any further into finishing the piece. PLEASE FIX
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.