Jayson is a simple yet powerful JSON viewer and editor.
- Browse JSON files stored on your device.
- Toggle between viewing JSON in a table or as syntax highlighted text.
- Tabbed interface to quickly switch between files or different objects in a single file.
- Use multiple splits to easily compare JSON documents in a single file or across multiple files.
- Parse text or the contents of a URL in your clipboard to JSON.
- Share Sheet action for parsing JSON from plain text and loading JSON from a link,
- URL schemes for parsing a text, loading the contents of a link as JSON or parsing the contents of your clipboard.
- Highlight a key from a child of an array to quickly get an overview.
Features that require the "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase:
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Changing the visual appearance, including the app icon, accent color and type icons.
- Opening more than two tabs.
Fixes an issue where the app would crash on macOS Big Sur.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but a few annoying bugs
I have used this app in the past. I like the new UI a lot better, but I have trouble with the app crashing when trying to edit the plain text. I used to use this app alot when debugging jSON from a website so I could see the relationships more clearly. I wasn't able to do basic editing like select-all or pasting without it crashing. I had to paste it into a new file adn save as a jSON file on the desktop in order to inspect the contents. I know a recent update can be hard to iron out edge cases like mine probably is, so I'm hopeful for a more stable release soon.
Good JSON Viewer
The UI could use some improvement.
Expectations: (a) Clicking on a table row should show me its contents; instead, a double-click is required. (b) instead of using a simple table, a table using drop-triangles is more readily understood; (c) using multiple windows instead of multiple tabs makes the different files easier to find.
I want to love it, but it crashes.
I love Jayson on iOS. Unfortunately, this Catalyst version just doesn't perform like the iOS version does. It crashes whenever I navigate too much through a complex JSON, which is exactly why I need Jayson in the first place. It's a hindrance to my workflow. If it didn't crash so much, I'd give it five stars. I had high hopes for this app on macOS, but it can't last through normal sessions of usage without crashing time after time. I'm disappointed to say the least.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Stovring
- 6.7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.