Download the JBL Portable app to get the most out of your JBL portable speakers and unlock more features.
Compatible with the following speakers:
- Flip 5, Flip 4, Flip 3
- Charge 5, Charge 4, Charge 3
- Pulse 4, Pulse 3, Pulse 2
- Xtreme 3, Xtreme 2, Xtreme
- Boombox 2, Boombox
- Connect to compatible JBL portable speakers for Stereo to amplify sound or Party mode for a bigger party
- Personalize and control your speaker straight from the app
- Get additional software updates and product support
Bug fixing and performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
No better than 2 stars
For goodness sakes, JBL! This app is so buggy. It’s constantly hit or miss with the two Flip 4 speakers I use. Spotty at best. You have to keep closing the app and reopening to get yourself to stereo mode. And NEVER PAUSE YOUR MUSIC because then you lose your stereo mode that took forever to get working and the whole process starts over again.
Yes, my speakers are in close range. Yes, all firmware and iOS is up to date. Yes, I press all the right buttons. Yes, I tried quitting and starting the Bluetooth on my iPhone!! Yes, yes, yes…….. Customer support needs to understand that it’s not always the fault of the user. The app with the Flip 4 combo is spotty/buggy and not worthy of any more stars. Fix your app and I would gladly give you more stars.
Connecting two Charge 5’s in Party or Stereo mode
After much troubleshooting, here are the procedures for listening in “Party” or “Stereo” mode.
The instructions below assume you have already paired your speakers the first time. This procedure works with iPhone 11 Pro. I assume it will work with iPhone 11 or 12.
1) do not rename your speakers.
2) turn on one of your speakers, then turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone
3) once that speaker connects, turn on your second speaker and wait for it to connect, you should now see both speakers connected in the Bluetooth setting on your iPhone
4) open the JBL Portable app
5) one of your speakers will show up, wait for the figure 8 icon “PartyBoost” to show up below it
6) touch the figure 8 icon “PartyBoost” on the screen, this should take you to a new screen which will show you an image of the first speaker you connected too
7) at the bottom of the screen you will see the words “Nearby Speakers”, there should be a tiny image of the speaker in it. Since my speakers are black, it simply turns black
8) touch the icon under “Nearby Speakers” and this should connect the second speaker
9) now go to the top of the screen and choose “Party” for mono or “Stereo” for stereo
10) open you music app, choose a song, enjoy
This app needs a lot more work. A LOT!
Why is it so hard to get two speakers working together? Is that so much to ask? I get constant drop outs when I link two speakers together. It happens for a few minutes when I first sync up and then every 5-10 minutes it drops in and out, in and out. It’s so annoying. You claim you can sync 100 speakers up together? I can’t even get two to play together consistently. It also annoying that the app can’t remember your setting, and just default to whatever setting you last used when simply turning the two speakers on. You have to open the app to do that (select two speakers for stereo or party mode). Maybe that’s an Apple limitation, and I can deal with that, but the constant drop outs in sound are by far the most annoying and I don’t know how much longer I can put up with it. I might have to try switch to another brand. What a shame. JBL used to have good quality stuff.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harman International Industries
- 236.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Harman International Industries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.