JW LIBRARY SIGN LANGUAGE is an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses. It downloads, organizes, and plays sign-language videos from jw.org, the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Watch the Bible and other video publications in sign language. Download them to your mobile device so that you can watch them when you are not connected to the Internet. Enjoy the colorful images, simple navigation, and easy-to-use controls.
- Simple Navigation. The Bible page lets you watch the New World Translation books that have been released. You can also watch individual verses that have not yet been released as part of the New World Translation but have been signed as part of other publications. The Library page displays other publications and movies that are available on jw.org.
- Quickly Look Up Cited Scriptures. While you are watching a video publication, tap the Bible button. The video pauses while you navigate to the cited Scripture and watch it. Go back to the Library page to resume watching the original video.
- Easily Download Videos. The videos that you have not downloaded appear with dimmed colors. Tap a video to start downloading it from jw.org. Tap the Download All button to download all the videos on the page. Long press (tap and hold) a video to delete it from your device.
- Manage Space. You can choose whether to download larger (higher-quality) or smaller (lower-quality) videos.
- Easy-to-Use Video Player. Use these simple gestures to control the video playback:
-- Two-finger tap: Play or pause the video.
-- Swipe left: Skip to the next marker.
-- Swipe right: Skip to the previous marker.
-- Swipe up: Increase playback speed.
-- Swipe down: Decrease playback speed.
-- Single tap: Show or hide player controls.
Ability to trim a video added to a Playlist
Ability to sideload video files that were downloaded separately from the App. This will be useful when a video is not available for download, or where Internet access is limited.
Ratings and Reviews
Would like to thank you for all the hard work and effort put into this app. It is totally awesome how Jehovah uses us imperfect humans in order to carry out his work of informing people of all languages of his purpose of bringing all his creation together as one happy family. As Revelations 4:11 aptly puts it-all glory and honor belongs to Jehovah.
Yes, there are glitches in the program at times-such as the screen going black without reason (as if it is shutting down but not off). It is both on my iPhone and my iPad so is it the amount that I’ve downloaded them problem? I wish I could open the English and Sign at the same time. Maybe some day.
Thank you again for this small treasure.
Lacking refinement and features.
I just reloaded iOS onto my iPad and needed to download all of the videos again. The app randomly crashes and frequently becomes unusable during this process. After restarting the app, the app will not open, it does not even get to the flash screen before crashing many times. My guess is that I am going to need to delete the entire app again in order for me to get the app functional (this has happened previously when I first set up the app.)
If switching to another app and then trying to open JW Library again, I consistently see only a black screen and must force quit for it to work properly again. This is the only app out of 65 that I use that I see this problem with.
App still has UI bug that has been present for many months. The pop-up menu at the bottom should disappear after a few seconds or when the video is one-finger tapped, but actually leaves a very visible and distracting grey box.
The custom playlists do not allow for selecting anything other than a full chapter and won’t allow trimming. Also, playlists still do not support importing media. These features were present on third-party apps like Cienega almost 8 years ago.
The songs take an inordinate amount of time to load. The load time is so exaggerated that students often press two or three times because they think the app is not responding. The extra touch inputs then interfere with the correct playback of the songs.
Thank you for endeavoring to fix these issues.
😢 Import never works 😕
I have been trying for days to figure out how import is supposed to work. It never did. Here’s some of what I tried:
0. Disabled Wi-Fi on my iPad and iPhone.
1. Used Safari on my iPhone to download “Seeing God’s word in my language” via LTE.
2. Saved it to photos and then AirDropped it to my iPad.
I find the app does not have an option to import a video from Photos. So:
3. I copy the file from Photos to Files.
4. I try import and get an error that the file name is incorrect...
The file’s metadata still correctly identifies what the file is, but Safari changed the name of the video when saving it to local Photos. So:
5. I AirDropped the video directly from Safari to my iPad. This maintains the original file name.
6. I copy the video from Photos to Files.
7. I try import and it provides an animation it looks like it’s importing the video.
However, when the animation is complete, I can still see the cloud graphic on the video in the app. If I tap on the video, it does not play. Instead it just goes to the importing animation again. The import is never successful.
- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- 212.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Amharic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.