JW Language is an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses to help language learners improve their communication skills in the ministry and at congregation meetings. It includes phrases, pictures, and activities for language learning.
After installing the app, select your primary language and the language you are learning. Choose from the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Mandarin (Simplified), Chinese Cantonese (Traditional), English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Low German, Malay, Myanmar, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
• Receive encouragement to learn new words with featured content and activities
• Access recently viewed categories
• Play phrase audio in any language without downloading (while connected to the Internet)
• Learn useful vocabulary with pictures
• Explore scenes
• Play learning games in any category or collection.
• Words that you get wrong are displayed more often.
• Observe how different words change a sentence to help you understand the grammar and sentence structure of the language you’re learning
• Change words in sentences from singular to plural, future to past tense, and more
• Bug fixes for iOS 12
• Improved support for iPhone X models
Ratings and Reviews
Stellar App - Japanese request
This is certainly a great learning resource primarily because of all the specialized vocabulary and how to talk about spiritual matter in another language. However it would mean the world to have furigana over the Japanese kanji or at least a toggle to visualize words in hiragana too. I know that as is we are in touch with how actual Japanese works but for learners it slows us down having to look up kanji combinations. Also many learning tools, even those aimed at native Japanese speakers, space words out a little bit to help students with their grammar and reading. That would be a significant improvement to the Japanese lessons as well. That said, I couldn’t thank you enough for all the time and effort put into this application. May Jehovah continue to bless you richly.
Excellent App! Truly a blessing to language learners in the ministry
Thank you brothers so very much for all the work that you are doing for Jehovah, and for helping all that are reaching out as language learners with the desire to help those who speak a foreign language to come to know our loving God and Father Jehovah! I am in a small Haitian Creole group and I am excitedly waiting for that language to be added to this app, as we are seeing an increase in the number of people who speak this language moving into our area. May Jehovah’s blessings continue with you all.
Teaching and Expanding
I started working with the Language app when it first came out so that I could enhance my Russian studies to be able to speak with interested ones at the doors. Now I’m in an area where Spanish is a primary language. Once again I’ve turned to the language app to enhance my ministry skills. AND you’ve added so much more to the app. Thank you for all the work you’re doing to inform and expand the teaching of God ‘s Word to those who might be overlooked otherwise.
- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- 65.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.