JW Language is an official app produced by Jehovah's Witnesses to help language learners improve their communication skills in the ministry and at congregation meetings. It includes phrases, pictures, and activities for language learning.
After installing the app, select your primary language and the language you are learning. Choose from the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Cantonese (Traditional), Chinese Mandarin (Simplified), Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish Kurmanji, Low German, Malay, Myanmar, Nahuatl (Central), Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
• Receive encouragement to learn new words with featured content and activities
• Access recently viewed categories
• Play phrase audio in any language without downloading (while connected to the Internet)
• Learn useful vocabulary with pictures
• Explore scenes
• Play learning games in any category or collection.
• Words that you get wrong are displayed more often.
• Observe how different words change a sentence to help you understand the grammar and sentence structure of the language you’re learning
• Change words in sentences from singular to plural, future to past tense, and more
• Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Stellar App - Japanese request
This is certainly a great learning resource primarily because of all the specialized vocabulary and how to talk about spiritual matter in another language. However it would mean the world to have furigana over the Japanese kanji or at least a toggle to visualize words in hiragana too. I know that as is we are in touch with how actual Japanese works but for learners it slows us down having to look up kanji combinations. Also many learning tools, even those aimed at native Japanese speakers, space words out a little bit to help students with their grammar and reading. That would be a significant improvement to the Japanese lessons as well. That said, I couldn’t thank you enough for all the time and effort put into this application. May Jehovah continue to bless you richly.
The app is perfect
I understand everyone wants to make the app better, but I’m going through so many of your comments and my goodness you forget this is a FREE app it’s something basic to interact with people of different languages in our territory so we don’t just show up to bug them hand leave because we can’t communicate. Mean while we get their info if interested and pass it along to someone who can actually speak the language and help them. If you want something more complex go to school or buy a program that fits your needs and desires. The brothers are trying as hard as they can with their time and resources to give us something special FOR FREE don’t take advantage of the society like that.
This is one of my all time favorite apps.
I want to extend and tell you how much I appreciate this app and how much gratitude I have because it. As someone who was in a foreign language congregation it helped me tremendously. I still use it today for Chinese. Lately, I have been practicing Spanish on it too. Anytime I see a new language I get so excited. This app is better than so many other language apps. The display, the ease, and comfort of how it is made is beautiful. I truly appreciate all the time,effort,energy, and hard work you all have contributed. Keep up the amazing fine work and hope to see even more languages in the future.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- 52.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.