K12 Timed Reading & Comprehension Practice lets readers practice fluency, the ability to read smoothly and quickly, and comprehension, the ability to understand what was read.
• More than 250 short, engaging stories for young readers
• A variety of fiction and nonfiction
• 46 unique Flesch-Kincaid reading levels between 0.0 and 4.7
• Track one reader, multiple readers, or even a whole class
• Track stories read and what’s next on the reading list
• Automatic suggestions to increase reading difficulty when students achieve consistently fast wpm scores
• Timer automatically calculates wpm for each reading attempt
• Each grade 1 through 4 story includes questions to check reading understanding
•Question pools of 6 to 9 questions per story gauge comprehension on rereading attempts
•Question prompts for grade 1 stories include audio support for developing readers
Summary Charts and Graphs
• Grade Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency (time) and comprehension (correct answers) mastery across the grade level
• Story Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency wpm and correct answers for the last 6 reading attempts per story
• Easily delete single reading attempts from charts
• Classroom teachers or reading specialists performing student reading assessments like DIBELS
• Educators looking for age-appropriate, Flesch-Kincaid-aligned reading passages for reading or literacy instruction
• Parents seeking a way to gauge their child’s current reading proficiency
K12 Timed Reading & Comprehension Practice was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts and Phonics curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, e-mail email@example.com
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixes iOS10 issue with adding new students and displaying student list.
Ratings and Reviews
App keeps freezing. Won't let students press next or done. Please fix the bugs.
App won’t work
The app is great when it works. More the half the time it won’t even load. Frustrating and useless when your trying to work with kids.
Name is Deceiving
I downloaded the lite version and really liked all the features, data collection, etc. I upgraded to add more students but I also assumed there would be reading passages for K-12 like the name implies. Nope, just K-4 which kind of stinks because I teach 5th grade. I can use it with below grade level students but not on grade level....grrrr.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- K12, Inc.
- 20.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 K12 Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.