KAYA gives climbers a whole host of brand new features, and plenty of improved favorites.
Whether you spend your time INDOORS at the gym, OUTDOORS at the crag, or training on your HOME BOARD (and, all of the above) you can log it all in KAYA. Finally you get a complete picture of your climbing in its entirety.
There is a brand new way to get the very best out of your training. Built with expert coaches and pros, our NEW TRAINING TOOLS give EASILY DIGESTIBLE, REAL-TIME PLAYBACK of your session. Take the guesswork out of your climbing so that you can dig your deepest on every attempt.
A brand NEW FEED, updated MESSENGER, and a whole host of new CHALLENGES keep the climbing community more connected than ever. You could be competing on a global leaderboard against the worlds’ best, or sending group messages to rally your people at the parking lot for your next outing.
KAYA IS FOR EVERY CLIMBER.
• Record your climbing at the boulders, and at the crag, wherever you are
• Add new routes to the database that are missing
• Upload unlimited photos and beta videos to your favorite projects and ticked routes
• Log all of your climbing gym sessions, at any gym, anywhere in the world (!)
• Have a tick list in another app or website? Easily import it into KAYA to keep all your climbing together.
• ‘Session timer’ helps you stay on track between climbs. Make sure you get enough rest, meaning no more wasted attempts!
• Easy to understand session insights help you focus on hitting your optimal climbing zone.
• Clear visualisations help you monitor your progress session by session, and see your entire spectrum of climbing.
• In-app messenger allows you to connect with your crew, climbing partners, belay buddies, and fellow gym-goers.
• Compete in challenges on a local and global scale, whether you’re in it to win it, or just along for the psych, there are always a bunch of prizes up for grabs.
• Use the messenger to share climbs, beta videos, and psych directly with your people.
• Showcase your most recent sends and stories in the all new feed.
DOWNLOAD KAYA: THE CLIMBER’S APP. NOW.
- New Nav Bar
- Create Post CTA lives in the Feed
- New center CTA for logging/finding climbs
- Nearby Locations Services
- Ability to log and add media from Climb List views
- Polished UI elements
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really cool app, new update has problems tho
The concept of a social media platform dedicated solely to climbing is great! It’s been a long time coming and we are so happy it’s here. However, when I got the update this morning, I noticed some issues. Particularly, when I opened the gradelist to log some sends, the “Logbook” thing that shows up at the bottom with a timer disappears after a few seconds and when I click on it, it still force closes the Logbook after a few seconds and kicks me back to the gradebook page. I still see the ascents logged in my logbook at a later time, but this is still a major glitch. Also, I was just testing this function so I logged some V17s - when I tried deleting them from my logbook, it updated my profile to show my real “highest grade”, but it did not update the “top boulder send” in activity in the lightning tab, so now the app seems to permanently say that my highest boulder grade is V17.
Also, still wish there was a way to log sends retroactively. But great work on this update! A ton of potential in this app :)
Developer Response ,
Hey ClimbingIsCoolFunicorn (awesome name!),
Thanks so much for the great feedback! Regarding those glitches -- they were addressed asap and should be resolved now. Regarding the v17 top grade -- you can reset/update your top grades via updating your user profile. KAYA will always update your top grade as you log a new highpoint; however, we won't bump grades down as some folks have climbed higher grades than they've actually logged. Regarding retroactively logging sends -- after you've logged a session and pressed the "end" button, you're able to change the session date. You can also edit an existing ascent's date and update the date via the edit ascent modal. Please don't hesitate to reach out at email@example.com with more questions and feedback. Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, we really appreciate it in helping us improve the KAYA experience. Happy climbing! Cheers!
Excellent idea, good execution, but some drawbacks
I found out about this app from another climber, and was impressed by the quality of execution and how up-to-date it is. It’s a really handy tool for gym climbers like myself who also love stats! However, I really think there are some minor issues that could be fixed, and I was surprised to discover there’s no option in the app to submit feedback. The major issue I see is that new sets on the home page don’t specify what gym location they’re at! I live in an area with 4 gyms in the same network (same name!) close by, so it’s impossible for me to memorize all the zone names and automatically know what gym the new set is without the location listed. It seems like a pretty easy fix, and I don’t know why it’s not already there. Also, I’ve noticed that some zone routes/problems aren’t listed from left to right or top to bottom, but rather start the list randomly in the middle of the wall. That seems like another easy fix that would make use of the app a lot better.
I like the concept of this app. I can see it getting better each time they update it. My major qualm with it right now is the inability or complexity of back-dating climbing sessions. I can’t always log sessions as I do them. It’d be nice to be able to log a session I did a few days ago and be able to associate it with the date it actually happened and not the date that it was logged. I also like to be able to see what My buddies are working on. Their sessions will only show a bit of info about the routes they send but barely anything about what they are projecting/attempting.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Project 9a Labs, inc.
- 103.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) 2019 Project 9a Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.