This is the most important resource for comic collectors since the Overstreet Price Guide.
Key Collector Comics is a free mobile app that focuses exclusively on identifying which comics are the key issues from the Golden Age of comics up until today.
There are over 10,000 comics that have been identified as a “key” including character first appearances, origin stories, iconic cover art and any milestone moment in comics that make an issue valuable or define a character and the universe in which they exist.
Use Key Collector Comics when you’re flipping through a long box to make certain you don’t let anything valuable or interesting slip past you. There is also a simplified price guide for ungraded books to quickly reference when making a purchase. You can also inventory what key issues you own or build a wish list for the books you want.
It has been endorsed by Alex Ross and Neal Adams who often do giveaways on the app. There are no advertisements and no dollar bin drek. Just keys, no clutter.
Key Collector Offers an In App Subscription which Provides Additional Features beyond the initial set of free features.
• Subscriptions which offer additional features beyond the free set of features are available on a monthly or yearly basis.
• Subscriptions provide access to Key Alert Push Notifications, Hot Keys, Dollar Bin Diver and other curated content that is updated on a daily basis.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Variants can now be accessed directly from title listings.
- The network connection unavailable message can now be dismissed.
- Users can now tap “option” and “star” any issues on their wishlist to add it to their priority dashboard
Ratings and Reviews
Continuous Innovation Keeps Key Collector #1
I find myself humbled often mixing with Comic Industry Professionals regularly & Innovation in our Industry is a regular topic. While 2018 has been a year of Growth & Change, with many of the biggest names settling into new positions with publishers; we see all types of change taking place and it’s exciting! The introduction of Multiple Media formats growing so fast, Web Comics, Kickstarters, Disney’s acquisition of FOX, DC Streaming, Disney Streaming, speculation markets driven by decisions made and titles optioned, not to mention new indie companies springing up daily, it the Key Collector App that keeps me at the top of my game! I’ve seen the app grow from an incredible product to something I can’t live without! It’s one of the first things I do everyday, check the new specs, hot keys, what’s new, and the addition of new features regularly have kept the Key Collector both Useful & quite frankly, Awesome! Key Collector is my Killer App of 2018! Make it yours! And if your not a subscriber; I highly recommend taking advantage of the added features, it’s more than a bargain! Thanks Nick! Keep it Awesome!!
Make Mine Key Collector!
Developer Response ,
You’ve been a great supporter since day one and I appreciate it
Love this app
I have been waiting to review this app as I have been using it for almost a year now. I honestly can't say enough good things about it. It breaks down things into different subsections to allow even more ease of use. I personally love the spec deck. I also love how easy it is to search for comics. It is ever expanding, so if you don't see something (can't wait for Phantom Stranger to get some love/listings) just wait. There is always new content. I actually just look at what's recently added every other day or so just to see if I can learn something new. This app is a comic collectors best friend. If you own a store or ebusiness it is also great for keeping up with what's new and getting hot, or also what's cooling off so you don't get caught overpaying for particular "hot books". Really this is the best thing to happen to comics since Wizard magazine for those old enough to remember. Maybe the best thing since Bob Overstreet started his world famous price guide. Like I said before, I can't say enough good things about this app.
Great App, Great Features, Worth It’s Weight
So, downloaded the app to find all the first appearances of my favs and especially stuff I didn’t know about. App did great at digging down and catching the B players that always get missed but get played in the after movie credits. Liked the app then
Then they added the Key Alert with the paid subscription. Paid the measly, almost comically low price, got three alerts, ordered the books before the public knew and paid for my subscription for the next 5 years!! Love the app now. Like truly, if you speculate and you don’t have this app..thanks, more for me. They’re still updating but even now, nothing beats it.
- Nicholas Coglianese
- 144.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Key Collector Comics
- In-App Purchases
- Key Collector Monthly $1.99
- Key Collector Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.