Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever — no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
NEW FIRST GRADE LESSONS
• We’ve added thousands of new interactive activities, exercises, and books that cover English Language Arts (ELA) and math Common Core standards.
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Editors' Choice — Apple App Store
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents' Choice Foundation Gold Award
• American Association of School Librarians—2019 Best App for Teaching and Learning
“The lessons are well-paced, filled with whimsy, intelligence, and a clear understanding of how children learn." —Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Reading and literacy—phonics, the alphabet, spelling, and early writing
• Language—vocabulary, opposites, prepositions, and verbs
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities engage young learners.
• Kids can collect fun bugs, hats, and toys as they learn.
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
Our new first grade lessons are here! In our biggest update yet, we’ve added thousands of new interactive activities, lessons, and books, including:
5,700+ activities aligned with first grade English Language Arts (ELA) and math Common Core standards
80+ animated instructional videos featuring the Khan Academy Kids characters
59 new books, including non-fiction science books from National Geographic and Bellwether Media, and original fiction stories for early readers
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Khan Academy Kids teaches early literacy, language, math, and social and emotional skills throughout its more than 1,000 games, videos, and stories. The app integrates science lessons from National Geographic Young Explorer magazine, music from Super Simple Songs, and content from children’s nonfiction publisher Bellwether Media.
Excellent preschool reading and math skill app
This is a really excellent app, not for the least of which because it is FREE (truly free). There is a ton of content in this app. My son especially enjoys the books. He is difficult to read books to because he wants to talk about the pictures, or which words rhyme, or his feet, instead of listening to me, and doesn’t want to read aloud himself (though he can), if he is even willing to sit still at all. The books in the app can be read without sound or the app will read it to you. He usually chooses to have it read aloud to him, and he actually sits and listens patiently 😅. The tasks started off too easy so my son became bored at first but I encouraged him to keep going because they do get harder. That would probably be my only complaint: it takes a while to get to level appropriate material because of the linear progression. Of course, my son purposefully gets it wrong sometimes to see what happens, then laughs his head off, so maybe it’s not the app’s fault. The rewards are cute, though, and keep him interested. There is both online and offline content, and it is easy to check your child’s progress. A++.
Great pre-k tool
There’s always a huge learning curve with first borns and this app has helped me bridge that gap. My child was proficient with the alphabet, counting to 30, colors, and shapes prior to using this app. However, it has become more difficult to work one on one with my child after the birth of my second child. This app has helped refine their current skill set. He has the freedom to choose different lessons at his whim. Also, it’s opened a new world of other lessons that he had previously shown little to no interest in before. The songs on here have helped them in non academic ways such as create more of an interest in things like bathing and dressing himself which I had not been able to get him interested in trying before. My child is very academically inclined but it’s hard to get him interested in learning life skills. So having this app is a great tool in a parents teaching arsenal.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.