One of the most frequent concerns expressed by kickers and punters is how they can increase the height and distance on their ball. While a lot has to do with natural talent and body size, there is still a lot that can be done in the weight room that will get us closer to our goals. There are an infinite number of different workout routines that can be formulated to increase both our leg strength and leg speed. My goal here is to provide you with the exercises and tools to build a workout routine that works for you. To increase both leg strength and leg speed, we must incorporate two different types of lower body workouts within a given week of training. To increase leg strength, we must focus on slower, heavier lifts with lower reps. To increase leg speed, we must focus on explosive, lighter lifts with higher reps.
Below we will list, and describe (if need be), some great workouts that effectively increase leg strength and leg speed. It is important that we incorporate an explosive, plyometric routine in addition to the heavy lifting that we do with our team. Kickers, punters, and long-snappers are ATHLETES, so we must train like athletes. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. The weight room is not only a place where you will get stronger, but also where you will prove yourself to the rest of your team.
Every athlete is unique and is subject to different lifting routines. Therefore, pick and choose workouts from below and customize a workout that works for you. Be sure to always practice good form and be properly warm before starting.
6 REASONS to start training:
1. Build yourself a smashing fit body - because there is no greater feeling than looking in the mirror and simply just love what you see.
2. Brag around about your toned muscles - low body fat level, noticeable muscle definition and shape, but not significant muscle size
3. Keep your heart strong and healthy - because your heart is a muscle also and it gets stronger and healthier if you live an active life.
4. A clear and beautiful glowing skin - you don't have to worry anymore about celulite when you're half naked on the beach. No more dimply skin coming out of your swimsuit.
5. Reduce stress, anxiety and fight depression - regular training is the key for your head just as it is for your heart and will relax you, making you calmer, fighting depression and dissipate stress.
6. A happier soul and a bigger smile - you will feel that you are finally doing something for yourself.
BONUS: Improve your live life! you know exercise is good for you, but do you know how goof? It boots your energy and improves your mood and exercising regularly puts the spark back into your love life.
- UI fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mobway Solutions SRL
- 51.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Cristina Gheorghisan
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.