MovieBuddy is a powerful movie and TV show management app that gives you access to your entire video catalog, anywhere. Using MovieBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any video in your library, share your favorite videos, and keep track of borrowed and lent videos.
- MovieBuddy has all the features of MovieBuddy Pro with a 50 movie limit.
- MovieBuddy can be upgraded via In-App Purchase for unlimited movie storage.
• Adding Your Movies
Add your movies using the following options:
- Scan barcode
- Enter UPC/EAN-13
- Search online by keyword
- Add manually
- Import from CSV file
• Organizing Your Movies
Place your movies where they belong:
- My Movies — movies you own
- Wish List — movies you wish to own
- Borrowed — movies you borrowed from others
- Previously Owned — movies you no longer own
• Syncing Your Library
Sync your library across multiple devices using iCloud or Dropbox sync.
MORE TO LOVE
• Universal app — pay once and use MovieBuddy on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac.
• Personalize — use categories and tags, mark favorites, add personal notes, and much more.
• Appearance — choose either list or grid view to best match your needs.
• Loans — instantly track movies that are currently loaned out.
• Multiple selection — apply batch operations using multiple selection.
• Watching Status — filter your movies by their watching status.
• Quick find — instantly find movies by entering search keywords or scanning their barcodes.
• Export — quickly export your library into CSV, PDF, or HTML formats.
• Print — easily print selected movies to AirPrint-enabled printers.
• Backup — create backups to any cloud service.
• Activity History — view the full history of your watching and loaning activities.
• Duplicates — quickly detect duplicates and easily remove them.
• Privacy — your library is saved locally and privately on your device.
• And so much more!
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best movie/show database I've found
This is an excellent way to keep track of movies and shows that have been watched. The one time upgrade fee was definitely worth it, and I'm so glad it isn't yet another subscription. Favorite features include filtering movies/shows by tags, seeing the top actors/directors in my collection, quickly importing information but having flexibility to edit most fields, and being able to add an entire show series as a single entry. Thank you to the developer for creating such an easy to use but fully featured app.
This app is exactly the type of app I was looking for to catalog my movie collection. Scanning movies in is a breeze. It took me awhile to figure out that I could do several titles at a time, but now that I can, it’s a must faster process.
The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that there are a few areas where the app is not very intuitive. 1) I can’t figure out how to export in a format the way I want it to look (cover art, title, & other specific criteria listed by itself). 2) I recently bought a new iPad & it proved to be frustrating trying to get my list to populate on that device. The exporting/importing required multiple attempts. 3) I want the same info to populate for all of my titles, but when I’m scanning them in, I also have to add fields. I wish there was a way for these to appear automatically.
Overall these are fairly small concerns. I would still recommend this app to someone with a large collection of movies/shows.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! 1) You can export specific fields via the "Fields" settings > Edit > Add Field Group, and then enter the group name and specify the fields. 2) You should select Settings > Sync > Select Service > Sync with iCloud > Confirm > Merge. Do that on both devices and your library will be synced. 3) You can select Settings > General > Fields to Edit, and specify which fields you always wish to appear on the New Movie / Edit Movie page.
Solid App, keeps getting better
I have been using this app (and the book app) for several years. I’m giving 4 stars not because the app itself is well built, pretty good user interface, and they keep it updated; I’m giving 5 stars because of their responsiveness. The latest of which resulted in making it much easier for us to record when we’ve watched a movie again.
One day I would like the ability to share a text list of movie title with year via text message or email. A few of my friends and I like to exchange movie recommendations, nothing fancy, having that as an option would be a nice enhancement.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kimico Ltd
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- MovieBuddy Pro Features $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.