MovieBuddy is a powerful movie and TV show management app that gives you access to your entire video catalog, anywhere. Using MovieBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any video in your library, share your favorite videos, and keep track of borrowed and lent videos.
- MovieBuddy has all the features of MovieBuddy Pro with a 50 movie limit.
- MovieBuddy can be upgraded via In-App Purchase for unlimited movie storage.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: MovieBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* BUILT-IN SYNCING: Seamlessly sync your MovieBuddy library across all your devices using iCloud or Dropbox. Your data stays in sync so that you always have the up-to-date version of your library on all your iOS devices.
* BE PRODUCTIVE: Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: MovieBuddy easily supports large movie collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 movies!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add movies to your MovieBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching online.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your movies are, which movies you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned movies.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your movies, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given movie.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any movie in your MovieBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the movie’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite movies using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your MovieBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your MovieBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* IMPORT 3RD PARTY DATA: Import from other popular movie catalog apps to ensure that your MovieBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to movies, sort movies by any field, arrange movies in a series, manage each movie’s viewing status, easily print information about selected movies to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
We are excited to introduce the long awaited “Watch Next” feature! This feature allows you to manage and track the next movies/TV shows that you wish to watch by a desired watching priority.
- To add a movie to “Watch Next”, select it and tap “Add to Watch Next”.
- To add multiple movies to “Watch Next”, tap “Select” at the top right corner, select the movies, tap the “three dots” icon at the bottom bar, and select “Add to Watch Next”.
- To order the movies by watching priority, select My Movies > Watch Next > Edit, and drag any movie upwards or downwards.
- To change sorting, go to My Movies > Watch Next, select “Sort By” at the bottom bar, and choose the desired sort method.
- When marking a movies’s watching status as Watched, it will automatically be removed from Watch Next. (This can be customized at general settings.)
- To quickly remove a movie from Watch Next, go to My Movies > Watch Next, swipe to left the desired movie, and select “Remove from Watch Next”.
- To disable this feature entirely, turn off Watch Next at Settings > Filters.
** If you enjoy this update, please rate MovieBuddy on the App Store! **
Ratings and Reviews
Love the new features
The loan history feature is tremendous. Now I know who borrowed each album in the past, and I can also see who my most frequent borrowers are.
And I appreciate that it’s much easier to automatically scan all my bar codes now.
This app is packed with surprising features. Someone really thought this through. I can’t get over that the developers try to fulfill every suggestion they get. Good job!
Just purchased the app today...
Just purchased the app today and already having issues. Was hoping to scan all my movies today but halfway through, I keep getting a cannot connect to server error over and over. If this gets resolved, I will definitely give 5 stars.
Do NOT upgrade this app to MovieBuddy+ or MovieBuddy pro
Upgrading through the app is an “in app purchase,” so family sharing will not apply to your MovieBuddy purchase. You will have to buy the app again to put it on another device. Then you will have MovieBuddy+ on one device and MovieBuddy on the other device. MovieBuddy will NOT sync if you have different names for the apps, and you cannot change the app name. So you have to uninstall the upgraded version of MovieBuddy and install MovieBuddy+ to be able to sync your library, on an app that you paid for twice. Save yourself from buying the app twice and do NOT upgrade this app.
Developer Response ,
We are truly sorry about this issue! In-App Purchases are not supported in Family Sharing due to Apple limitation. (see https://support.apple.com/en-il/HT203046). This limitation is not related to our apps and there is no way we can target it... In general, when intending to use any paid app in Family Sharing, users should always prefer purchasing the app directly on the App Store rather than via In-App Purchase (when this is possible). We are sorry again for this inconvenience. Note that you can ask Apple for a refund, and we assume they will approve it if you'll provide them your use case. See http://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store
- Kimico Ltd
- 32 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- MovieBuddy Pro Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.