Designed for iPhone
The Klappið app is an official Public transportation payment app, made for Strætó Iceland (the Administrative body for public transportation in the capital area of Iceland). The purpose of the app is to provide payment possibilities of various sorts in public transportation, including single tickets and period passes (such as monthly or yearly passes) for the citizens and guests of Reykjavík. The user can, in the first phase, sign on, register a payment method, purchase a travel media and confirm the purchase by validation in the buses of Strætó.
- Minniháttar lagfæringar fyrir betri notendaupplifun
- Minor updates for better user experience
Ratings and Reviews
This app is poorly written. I lead a group 30 or so US visitors trying to use Strætó. Only 3/4 of the group can receive the text message required for linking a phone númer to the app. Anonymous login can only be linked to your account on the Klappið website if you haven't already made that account! If that account already exists it throws a runtime error. Also be sure you don't accidentally type in the wrong email address either. That appears to be a non-recoverable problem. Even reinstalling the app doesn't fix the fact that it insists it has already sent you an email. The programmers haven't included the option to resend or change the address at that juncture. Not impressed.
Klapp forritarar og forráðamenn: lesið nú þessar kvartanir hér í þessum umfjöllum og gerið eitthvað í þessu.
Wow. I cannot.
I respond to reviews for my job and total I wanted to update my customer review for the clap. Lo amf behold, my truthul review has been removed. Ok. So. Here we go again.
- language options are sketch - it mostly doesn’t work
- route planning has been implemented but it’s very clunky as compared to the old strætó app. There is no live map displaying where busses are at the moment.
- it is difficult to distinguish between “I want to buy 5 tickets for 5 different trips for myself” and 1 ticket for 5 people in a group
- there is no option to pay per ride without linking a debit or credit card directly to the app
- child, disabled, elderly pricing is where? Burying pricing goes against Apple’s policy. Not cool, strætó. Not cool. Instead of freaking out and þetta reddast maybe consider releasing versions that are usable and not bare MVP. I could go on but since I’m an English speaker I’ll probably be ignored.
Frequently fails. I have a year long pass but when I bought a new phone the app didn’t work when I wanted to log in. Had to have someone else pay for me even though I already have a year pass. Had another friend try to log in with a Finnish phone number +358 and it automatically changed it to +354. This app would be great if it worked. Of course, you can pay EXTRA for a physical card.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stræto bs.
- 55.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Strætó bs.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.