Korg’s ELECTRIBE·R has been coveted by dance musicians for ten years running. Today, this indispensable instrument has been reborn as a dedicated iPad app – the KORG iELECTRIBE virtual analog beatbox!
With the iELECTRIBE, sound creation is easy, fun and intuitive – just as on a vintage analog synthesizer. Simply choose a part (or sound) and touch the 16-step sequencer to quickly build a groove. This easy-to-use interface combines forces with the iPad’s 9.7” multi touch display to offer an intuitive "hardware" feel, sure to inspire and captivate the imagination of any user.
The iELECTRIBE faithfully recreates the historic ELECTRIBE·R’s entire sound engine and sequencer capabilities. In addition, it provides advanced Motion Sequencing, eight supercharged effect types, plus 64 new preset patterns that instantly allow the user to create music in a wide variety of dance and electronic music styles. Get started today!
• Analog Synthesizer Modeling; PCM Samples; Virtual Valve Force Tube Modeling
Instrument Voices (Parts):
• 8 Total : 4 percussion synthesizer parts; 4 PCM synthesizer parts
• Master Effect : Assignable per step/per part
• 8 Effect Types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Grain Shifter, Reverb, Chorus/Flanger, Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator
• Patterns : 64 steps maximum per part, Motion Sequencing can memorize all knob motions in a pattern
• Tempo : 20 - 300 BPM (with Tap tempo and Swing function)
• Pattern-set function (iELECTRIBE has no Song function)
• 160 Total : 32 preset patterns x 2 banks; 32 basic patterns x 1 bank; 32 blank patterns x 2 banks
• Audio export function (Bouncing a pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share an exported audio file online with the SoundCloud audio platform*
* You will need to register for a SoundCloud account in order to publish data on SoundCloud. A variety of choices are available, ranging from a free account that allows up to two hours of data to be uploaded to a paid account that allows unlimited time. For details, refer to the SoundCloud website: http://soundcloud.com
iELECTRIBE is a dedicated iPad app and cannot be used with iPhone and iPod touch.
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
- Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
it’s not so great
I feel korg can do better, this app makes me want to buy the real thing except the real thing is 40 times more expensive. no way will you get a tube sound of the original, the synthesis on this seems pretty limited, I think the new electribe app is much better, this is a nice kick drum maker and should be 5 dollars, korg did right with the original electribes but this like getting one slice of a full pizza😳where’s my other slices
Developer Response ,
Hello, thank you for your message.
We will share this slice of feedback with the development team.
KORG App Team
Why didn’t I get this sooner?
I know a lot of people probably forgot about this app or pass right by it because it’s extremely old, it doesn’t have AUV3 capabilities, and it’s pretty limited in comparison to other groovebox apps like this. That may lead some to believe this is a relic or not necessary and thus not an app worth checking out. I completely disagree.
Korg has their summer sale going on so for ten dollars I finally decided to give this a try and I am NOT disappointed. I’ve seen others refer to this as a toy but that is not at all accurate. I think people forget that sometimes having a very focused, very accessible limited tool is one of the best thing for creativity.
I’m having so much fun programming this and coming up with absolutely whacked out sounds, deep sub heavy bass and trippy drum grooves. This is an app I’m going to spend a lot of time really mastering because the motion recording and fx sending seem to be very rewarding.
People also have this weird imaginary block now where everything has to be AUV3, but this app has IAA, which means I can still open it in AUM, feed it into Koala Sampler, chop up my performances and get even crazier results. iOS music making is like having a digital modular environment with infinite possibilities to make some really unique stuff.
Sorry for the long rant but I had to give this amazing rhythm box a five star review and ask myself here in 2023 why I waited so long to cop this.
Fun, but more of a toy
I have a hardware emx and this app is pretty similar in workflow. However, the app is mainly a drum machine. I can’t imagine syncing this to my hardware for serious. Changing patterns is a bit shady as it will switch on just about any beat. Perhaps there are better pattern change options, but I only use this for fun as a stress reliever. For that, it is perfect. But I would only buy it on sale.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KORG INC.
- 48.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2015 KORG INC.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.